• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

pics of Vietnam era 4 color camo?

midcounty

Midcounty.. Is that the new OD 34086 from Rapco? I just painted same color over the 4 color camo like the other posted pics. I don't like it and will repaint.
Interesting to this thead is when I drove it home from GL I was at rest area and A trucker came up and said where did you get that big piece of ----? I said GL. Have you driven one? Yes he said in Nam late 60s early 70s. What color I asked were they?, he said the same as it was then in Camo... he was from the bush then and sure they were camo.
Nope, it is the 34079 Forest Green. It looks alot like OD though.

wsucougarx

Gillespies 34079--Camo Forest Green matches my MERDC Green. Now my truck was painted MERDC in 1988. However I've noticed a ton of earlier trucks have that blue/green color on their MERDC...sun fade? Paint breakdown?

midcounty

I used the 34079, and upon further looking today it appears to be what the truck was originally painted with. The areas I haven't painted and that were never exposed to direct sun light seem to match the new paint. Before painting it I had that faded blue/green look. The dash said CARC was applied in 198?. I don't know if the CARC is what faded to that color, or if the areas that I have looked at just never got coated with the CARC. The color is sorta growing on me now, after seeing it dried and in direct bright sunlight today.
Here is a pic of what it looked like when I picked it up.
myduece.jpg

greg burns

Finding light green...

Thanks Chris. It does give a decent idea of the different 4 color schemes. The only problem will be getting the correct colors sense they haven't been used in awhile. Rapco has the 34079 Forest Green and the 30277 Sand. I would think just about any flat black would work but you would need to find the 34151 Light Green.

Thanks for the nice pic Mike. That was also an issue I was debating, what to do for a matching cargo cover.

Bob: If you don't mind mixing colors from different suppliers, Aervoe makes a 34151 light green. It is available in a gallon or a spray can. The can would give you the chance to see if you like the match. When I purchased my truck it had forest green (34079) black and light green. To me, the two shades of green look good together.

wsucougarx

in regards to the flat black. The flattest black I have found is Chalkboard black paint in the rattle cans from Home Depot. It looks exactly like CARC Black. Stay away from Gillespie black as it is too glossy.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks