• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pics or Specs of fabricated Head Wrench

Jake0147

You have seen the original to know what it looks like, right?

To build one, the big design parameter you need in mind is it needs to act like a straight extension. That is, the end that will recieve the torque wrench must be in a straight line and centered directly above the bolt head, thus keeping the center line of the wrench perfectly perpendicular to the center axis of the head stud. If that parameter is met, you can make the offset part any way that suits your fancy, so long as it is rigid enough to maintain that positioning during the loosening/tightening process.

If I were doing it, I'd start with a 12 point box end wrench and work up from there.

Larch

FYI, I changed head gaskets last year. I broke the military head bolt wrench taking off the heads and ended up getting a socket welded to a box wrench( sorry no pics). I then used the military head bolt wrench to torque the heads back on after the threads were cleaned up and oiled. Good luck

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks