• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

picture of Deuce

tenmilebay

Just wanted to post a picture of my duece. It's my first and am proud to have it. Not sure of MFD for Id is not clear. Any suggestions on how to figure out year model and MFD. greatly appreciated. TMC

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: picture of duece

I moved this from the trailer forum to the deuce forum. You have a real nice looking truck there. There is a sticky article at the top of the deuce forum about IDing your deuce. I'd start there. Post pics of the data plate and go to the left front frame rail to the rear of the steering box and search out the stamped number and post that. Might be able to get you an idea from that. Post up some more pics of the interior and various angles so we can take a collective look.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial

Drop Side Dueces are the bomb. You have a truck you will love, something about a truck that is older than any of my children and even was made before I got married or graduated from College is a thing that grows on you.

Take some good time to spend seaching this site and you will find out so much good information and find the members here to be very good friends. I know you have lots of other members in Georgia and welcome to the site.

Please feel free to contact me any time or leave any requests on the Chaplains forum.

tenmilebay

Thank yall for the advice. I want to apply for my title and there's a few answers I don't have to their questions. Will try to post a few more pictures later. Chaplain, thank you for your post and please keep my family in your prayers. TMB

AZDeuce

Very nice looking Deuce! Looks like a USMC truck, judging from the fact that the piece of round stock that's bent into an upsde down "U" on the bottom edge of the bed, between the duals, has the added on 1/2" thick angled steel reinforcements, on each side of the U piece. I've only seen these on USMC trucks, but I'm always willing to learn something new if I'm wrong.

I have a set of the USMC "lifting bars/rings" that attach at the pin above the axles, between the duals, then extends up, and out of the upide down U piece, then curve upwards, in a big rectangular loop. These, and the so called "paper clips" that attached to the front bumpers were on the early M35 gasser, USMC trucks. I haven't seen them on the A2s.

Anybody know anything about these?

Thanks - Tom

sermis

Were not all addicts here………I can go two or three hours without thinking about OD iron……no adiction here.

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
To add to what Kenny said earlier - in addition to the info on the frame rail, post pix of the inside of the cab doors, and the underside of the hood - these should yield the army registration number. Those and the VIN (which RARELY but occassionally is on the right front frame rail - but on a dropside SHOULD be on the left front frame rail) we should be able to pinpoint builder and date.

Regards,
David Doyle

El_Guapo

I don't think Georgia will issue a title on vehicles over 25 years old. However, they will issue a tag and registration if you have $25, a bill of sale and have the local police fill out a form for you. I was able to get it all done in a day.An interesting aside, there are 4-5 AM General listings in the MVD computers.

alphadeltaromeo

Welcome to the site and it's great to have another GA boy in the SS club. My family and I attend the Sunbelt Expo occasionally...maybe we'll come see you when we're done one of these days :driver:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks