• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PICTURES!!FINALLY !! 5 ton dumper body ready to attach

pa.rich

after sitting in the garage for a long time we moved the truck out and just about ready to attach the body. we are waiting for a pintle hook. then it is full speed ahead.
the brakes work!The handbrake is fixed also.I had purchased the pintle off a five ton, but it didnt fit. It was for the tractor type of 5 tonner. They are smaller. And I thought that was about 100 pounds. The dumper model is twice the size and has a huge cast iron backer plate shaped like an "A". I will have to jack it place. Another little snag was when I filled the hydraulics it started leaking fast out of the Rebuilt pto fom Memphis Equipmt. They left two bolts out of the unit on the front side. I had noticed it but didnt think they were all the way thru to the oil cavity. I put two short quarter inch screws in and its fine now. A little annoyed at them. The other thing they messed up on with this pto was they had installed the side cover with the bolts too long. One was jambed into the gears! I let them know about it. Had I not noticed that, I probalbly could have ruined the tranny and the pto. Well everything has worked out so far with much trial and tribulation. Heres some pictures. :D

Attachments

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Man, it's pics like this that make me think again how much some folks must think we're nuts for going to all this trouble to restore old rusty military trucks.

Great job! Do you plan on sandblasting and repainting it when it's all back together?

No.2Diesel

Finally!! :p What did you use to raise and lower the dump bed? Individual chain hoists? Its not clear in the pics. Does your shifter hit the PTO shifter? Keep up the good work, and paint that thing one color! :wink:

Meow :eek:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks