• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pictures from a haspin trip 10/2/2010!

davey8943

Fellow MV Addicts!

I just thought you guys would enjoy a few pictures of a trip to Haspin Acres yesterday with the Deuce.

A fellow MV owner and I convoyed from Columbus Indiana (our Home Base) over to Laurel Indiana. The drive was a good one, cool in the morning, flat, and all two lane 55 mph road.

This is the first time I had my Deuce off road, and was AMAZED by what this thing will do!! If this truck will FIT, it will go anywhere (but you all know that already)!

The day started off really dry (drought in southern Indiana), but THE mud hole still had some quicksand in it! We were there about 15 minutes before we hooked up to a nice built Jeep and quickly jerked it out!

I got a little gutsy at the end of the day and tried to fit the Deuce between a couple of trees.... and smacked the passenger side running board and fuel tank :cry: At least the tank didn't spring a leak! :p

I posted a couple of youtube vids too:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwbeu8yI6X8[/media][media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctGamY3wk2c[/media]
There is NO WAY I am going to miss the SS Haspin Rally this spring!

Dave

Attachments

Last edited:

DJones

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It looks like you had a good time. I thought about going today with some buddy's but didn't have any thing large enough to pull me out if I got stuck. PM me next time you go and I might meet you there.

Stagg

Hmm, I've been thinking about going over also.... had the same though, who will pull me out if I get stuck?

Haspin is only about 70 minutes away from my house.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Yeah, you guys SUCK! I would love to have gone. Meeting up wit another deuce AND a sweet m715, you can't go wrong.

Wolf.Dose

Hope youhad a good time, at least looks like that. But someone should take the shakles out of the hubs of the M715. This keeps the weels very well out of balance and will damage the tires befor the time. The shakles will be placed in the hubs only for loading on a ship! This is according to the manual!
Wolf
M715 since 1982 and over 90000 miles

Stagg

I didn't get stuck... but I'm thinking about trying.

I have 23 Oct 2010 in mind. Anybody else want to come play in the dirt that weekend?

davey8943

hmmm.... I am not sure I can pass up a chance to play in the mud again!

Put me down as a "maybe". As it comes closer I will firm up.

Dave

Stagg

Pretty sure I'll be at the Ga rally then. Yous guys suck! :)
Georgia Rally? I don't have to ask why, I would go too if I had time!
I'll admit that I'm going to Haspin based on my calender... and figured that Halloween weekend would be booked for other people also.

In all reality there are enough of us HMV nuts in the Cincy and Dayton (not to mention the surrounding states) to have lots more fun. We easily have more drivers in this corner of OH, IN, and KY, than some MPVA chartered groups have total.
With that in mind, I figured the more the merrier.

davey8943

I will definitely go again, but this weekend I'm booked with family stuff....

I am going to plan another trip (maybe before thanksgiving?) and we will see how many SS members we can gather up!

Dave

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks