• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pictures needed of an Air Force M101A2

yellowrubicon

Does anyone out there have some pictures or can point me to someplace where I can find some of an Air Force M101A2? I just got my from GovLiq a few weeks ago and some one has painted over the markings with flat black spray paint. See the attached photos. This trailer was manufactured in 1990.

I saw a reference on here to Rick Larson's military stencils site but I don't know what to stencil??

Thanks.

Attachments

zyrtecx

Try some lacquer thinner on the black paint to remove it and revel the hidden numbers, that is what I use... As for as finding out where the trailer came from, do a search on 2010 VIN and you can post certain info about the trailer from the data plate and location where you got it at and "Carnac" can the details for you... Good Luck!

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
CANAC's info doesnt cover USAF stuff.
I'll bet that the 1st two numbers you uncover are the last two digits of the year the trailer was placed into service, meaning if it was 1991, you should see a 91. I'll also bet that the next thing you'll find after the year is a letter.. I know K means it is a tactical vehcile, I dont know if they use the K for trailers or a different letter.. The last numbers should be the serial #, which should be the same as on the dataplate.

Good luck, and report back!

yellowrubicon

Thanks guys! Both tips helped. I used a combination of 3M adhesive remover and xylol to remove to top coat of paint and lo and behold, just as EMMADO22 said. It was built in 1990 and the first number was "90". Then there was a "K", followed by 65. Not sure 65 is the vin... Also, they spray painted over 2 of the 3 "US AIR FORCE" designations. So, if the information only has to do with the vehicle identification "90 K 65" I don't see where Uncle Sam would have a problem with that, do you?

yellowrubicon

Hey "Recovry4x4", I hate to break this to you, but in your Avatar picture, one of your trucks is trying to "mate" with the other one. You might want to think about getting him "neutered" rofl

That is, unless you want more camo things hanging out at your place...
Oh wait, that is what we ALL want isn't it?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Slight interruption here, Mark, still have Jerry Cans up there? Back to your regularly scheduled Air Force investigation.

yellowrubicon

Yes, you are right. The vin is something like "3466 USAF 90k65". For the Virginia Title I used just the first 4 digits (3466). I am over on the Stencils site now, ordering the ones I need to get it back "proper".

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The USAF codes are pretty easy, in this case 90 is the year the Air Force put your trailer on inventory (it is usually also the vehicle year model, but not necessarily), K means it is a tactical vehicle, and 65 means it is the 65th vehicle put on the USAF inventory that year.

Cheers

yellowrubicon

More specifically, the second jump is broke. The link you gave works, but the next link to the classified is broke. Sorry, I should have been more specific. I thought everyone could read my mind.....

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK, I see why. The second link I can see because I'm a Mod. Bascially it was the ad Mark had listed for the cans. Apparently he has a truckload of them.