• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pictures of my project truck - M37

T. Highway

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I picked this truck up a few weeks back and finally got around to taking a few pictures. I've been driving it around and its a blast.
I took an air hose to the under coating in the wheel wells and on the frame. I found Strata Blue that still has a shine to it. The truck has very little surface rust on the tub and no major rust holes in the floor or bed. All of the electrical system works except for the rear blackout lights. The engine purrs and has great compression with no smoke.
I plan on starting to restore the truck this fall and hope to have it ready for the next 4th of July. I will strip it down to the frame and rebuild from there.
Any technical tips you have for me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Bert

Attachments

jimmcld

All I can think of is the time we had with the bolts on the back of the bed. Some are almost inaccessable. I think they must have put the bumperettes on last because they are in the way of a lot of the bolts. I would suggest taking them off first.

Good luck with it. We have enjoyed ours. One non-stock think we did was to mount a goose neck ball in the bed. We pull a goose neck trailer in the parades with it.

T. Highway

Steel Soldiers Supporter
DRGreg, I will need some parts once I get into the tear down process. I have started to make out a list of things that I see need to be replaced but the previous owner had already done quite a bit of mechanical work on the the truck. I will hit the Iola show for some stuff in a couple of weeks.

Thanks for all of the positive comments guys.

Carter

Thanks, It needs lots of TLC, no wiring at all, no fuel tank, dash gauges, lights and a bad rear chunk and to much more to list here. :cry: It'l take a while and lots of $$$ but it will live again. Carter

Carter

Yes, many of the parts are in boxes, however some parts will need to be bought and others rehabbed to complete the rebuild like a complete new front and rear wiring harness, batteries, brake wheel cyls, fuel and break steel lines, most of the rubber parts and a lot of new bolts since I don't have any of the old ones to reuse. Probably more but I can't think of anything right now.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks