• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pictures of radios wanted installed in growler

jmpogue89

I had / saw a picture, like you I wanted to get the original radio for the vehicle. In the picture I saw, the Thales Tricom radio was side mounted between the front seats and the amp was on the Passenger side of that mounting plate. This particular radio is basically a mount and amplifier for the portable radio. It sits in a pocket of the mobile unit. one is listed on EBay right now for 2500.00. if you find one at a good price make sure to update us.

Justin

killjoy35

I thought I've see an Harris 117F or G version (AN/PRC 117) mounted with a AC power source? I could be wrong. I will look for the photo.

Tony

jmpogue89

I found what I was looking for and installed the Thales receiver unit for the PRC148 radio. It powered up with the cables that were hanging out. Has a 50 watt amplifier that requires a different power cord. Luckily we had one at our museum D035FCD9-CDDE-48CD-BD62-ABE266FB37E5.jpeg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks