• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pimp my ride - MV style...or lack thereof...

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hmmm, I'm thinking a combination of awkward silence followed by polite laughter followed by a want ad being posted for some deuce axles followed by impolite hysterical laughter followed by someone reading this post followed by someone leaving the site out of embarrassment. That's just my guess :p

JDToumanian

Hopefully he would buy it and come here for help restoring it... A want ad for axles would lend the buyer a lot of credibility, as would an order to NAPCO for 4 gallons of an appropriate paint.

I sent the seller a note:

Is this a joke? Do you know that truck weighs ~12,000 lbs empty? Blazer axles will not sustain that load, that truck is NOT SAFE. You will be sued when an ignorant buyer wrecks that truck and is injured after the front axle snaps like a twig.
I don't expect a response...

Jon

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Excellent letter to the seller Jon. He really could get his fanny sued off. He needs to make some sort of notice in the ad that the axles are only functioning as marginal jack-stands and that the buyer would need to source sufficiently strong replacements (rockwells) before attempting to drive it. That junk about the axles swapped out for better MPG is gonna get someone hurt or worse.

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bling low, sweet chariot
Coming for to carry me homies
Bling low, sweet chariot

I looked over Ebay and what did I see
Blingin' for to carry me homies
A gang of bangers gunnin' after me
Blingin' for to carry me homies

(Chorus)

If you bid high before I do
Tell the seller the reserve won't be met

(Chorus)

Sometimes I boom and sometimes I cruise
Blazer axles feel about to be snapped

(Chorus)

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
OPCOM, bwahahahahahahahahaha!!!

Gary, time to swoop in and offer him a grand for it. You could bob it, throw a set of rockwells under it, chop the bed, and roll some 14.50R20. Saweeet!

smoke1

Ummmmmm......

Would you say that attempting to drive this truck would be suicidal? :driver:

Now put on your thinking caps.... :x

What was the name of the Doctor who liked to build machines to help people who were tired of this plane of existence and needed help to visit Elvis but didn't have the stones to bite the business end of a 1911A1? :?:

Now look at the name of the seller.

If you remove the '3b' and replace it with 'ian', you get what? :idea: :jumpin:

Ok, yes, you down in front....Very good! You get a cookie! [thumbzup]

Think they might be related?

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd love to have it, get some help to bob it.. too far away from me, and I would not dare drive it home. Whos' closest to it? (kind of like 'who noticed the dirty cat-box first?')

FreightTrain

Banned
if he was on this side of the continent I would.....I have a soft spot for used,abused,and totally disrespected trucks.......Only reason I bought the Enterprise in my Signature.$1750 for a truck with rust,Blown engine(well,><that close,8 cracked pistons,wrist pin knocking),500 feet of Blue wire under the dash,no tail gate,.......then 650 bucks to have it shipped 650 miles.......I gotta be the only idiot that would import a Northern Vehicle into the south.........

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
I am about 35 minutes from it, however, I dont have the time, space or money for another project that big. Has anyone who sent him emails about how messed up the truck gotten any replies from him? I didn't.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wanna pool together! Just gotta find a lace to take/keep it. Gary, Devin, Jon, Mike. Anyone got a medium tow bar out here? Let's e-mail the guy, hold $600 cash under his nose...what might be left of it (sorry!), and see what he says.

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
Ive got a towbar with adapters all ready to go. I will be glad to help tow it but in Febuary I go back to school and have a new baby coming so I will have absolutely no extra time to play with anything. With all 3 big axles and 10 tires gone it probably weighs just under 10k lbs.

JDToumanian

heh heh... I'd be embarassed to have that thing in my yard! Seriously, I'd have to put it up on jack stands or blocks - those axles have got to go!

That said, I too have a towbar as well as 1.5 acres where it could live, but I have no $$ after my recent V18A/MTQ purchase (which my girlfriend affectionately calls 'The Telephone Pole Truck').

If someone could get it cheap enough it would be a great fixer-upper or parts truck, but wasn't the reserve high? I can't remember... but the seller strikes me as someone who probably paid way too much on GL and isn't going to want to take a loss.

Jon