• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pinion angle shims

CARC686

He does make a good point. If it isn’t going off road, it probably doesn’t matter anyway. I have seen it done that way many times as well. Once or twice I have seen people stranded offroad with jeeps who’s drive shafts fell out for the exact same reason.
If they take it off road, they can use that bottom leaf to go spear fishing for boulders.

Sharecropper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Rick you may already know that U-joints need to articulate in order to properly lubricate themselves. The more articulation the better to keep the internal needle bearings rolling. I keep telling you to forget the driveshaft angle and focus instead on bringing the DRIVETRAIN angle and AXLE angle PARALLEL to each other so that the upper & lower U-joint angles are at the same angle and therefore will cancel-out any vibration. I tried to convey this in our phone conversation this week but the bad connection we had may not have allowed the message to get across. I've been lifting trucks and building drivelines for 55 years and YES it's confusing but once you understand and implement the drivetrain/axle parallel equation, the driveshaft angle is insignificant. My M1028 is lifted 5 inches with substantial driveline modification, and it drives and handles as smoothly as silk with absolutely no vibration or driveline/U-joint issues.

Copy of DSC02967.JPG

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks