• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pinky, my M1009, is down for the count

Pawnshop

I had a bit of a hiccup today when I went to get the rental (four door F-150) and his insurance company said they would not pay for a full size pickup, small truck only! I got on the horn with them and discovered that they thought I was driving an El Camino! When I explained that I was driving a FULL SIZE truck the equivalent to a Tahoe they immediately changed their tune and the f-150 was approved. It is going to be interesting to see the adjusters face on Tuesday when she comes to look at my "El Camino"...

mikev

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That gets tricky - unless he just wants the parts. In some states, the ins co is required to stamp the title "Salvage" or "Scrap", to prevent unscrupulous from pasting together a wreck and selling it to unwary. That is supposed to stop anyone from registering it again.
Didn't work that way in TN - I hit a stupid deer at 80 mph in my Audi A8L, USAA totaled it, I bought it back - repaired it and still have the original title without "blemishes" on it...

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Sorry to see you go through that. Pinky looked to be in good shape before it got rammed.

I would sue that idiot into oblivion. Stupid should be painful-and that's mighty stupid. Had you been in a Fiat 500 or something similarly sized, this may not be such a happy thread. Every time this idiot puts the key in the ignition, for the rest of his life, he needs to think about you. And how he's going to find somewhere to live other than a bridge overpass.

he said that hurt but he did not appear injured in any way and refused treatment.
I'll bet dollars to donuts this idiot has no health insurance.

o1951

I do not like straightened structural parts. In my experience, once the metal is bent and straightened, it never has it's original strength, and readily bends at that spot. Bad thing if there is another collision in that area.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You mentioned he ran a red light. It doesn't matter if you were invisible. The RED light was visible!
He didn't really run a red light he just tried to turn from a straight only lane across 2 turn only lanes:p. He had a green light just didn't go the direction he was supposed to go.

MarcusOReallyus

He made a heath related claim on his auto insurance the next day, I guess he woke up the next morning bruised and hurting.

That's pretty normal, really. I once got rear-ended by a guy doing 55, and I was stopped. My truck was thrown so hard I totaled the car in front of me, and I was a good car length and a half behind it. As soon as the dust settled a bit, I jumped out, ran around making sure people were okay. Once I was sure of that, I realized that was pretty stupid. Got back in my truck and passed out. I was removed on a backboard and transported by ambulance.

Next day, and for several days, I could hardly move.

Now, somebody seeing that and not knowing me, might have interpreted my medical claims as fraud, since I was running around immediately after the accident. Obviously okay, right? All the rest was fake, right?

Nope, not okay at all. Not to this day, in fact. I was just running on adrenaline.