• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pinzgauers for sale somewhere ???

krick3tt

Wow, only $6500 or was that when you decided that it was too much? Unless they are already US stuff you are going to have to wait 25 years. I don't think these are US stuff.
I paid lots more for my '73 pinz and I sure like the old thing.

DSD277

Holy Krap... there is as much about these 718s on forums as there are stories about Libya on the news.:shock:
They will never be legally registerable in the US, and not exportable... they do not meet EPA or DOT, and because they are already here, never qualify for the 25 year exemption for imported vehicles..
Some of things people post... well.... I just want to :hammer: across the side of their head.aua

My 2cents

Dave

camp9

A 4 wheeler cost more than what these brought last time, and if you got the land to run it on, it would be more fun to have one to run or collect. So I don't get what the problem is unless you want to run one down the road.

Camp

DSD277

Mmm.. a new 4wheeler for $10 to $14k, or a possible 6k lb piece of scap iron? what a choice. Even if the trucks are run off road "as is" ( assumiming nothing wrong with them now, except being hacked and body parts stripped), replacement parts could drive you to the poor house. A set of doors and a windshield went for $3000 on eBay. There are only a very few Pinz parts dealers in the US ( and the world, for that matter), and only a very few parts from the 710/12 are used on the TDs. One dealer has listed a 716/18 auto trans for over $13000 ( yeah, someone might be able to hack another in), the transfer case at $9300... and that is not innerchangeable with one from a 710/12. Even typical service parts are not cheap, nor readily available.
Even with the engine being a VW 2.4TD, many parts are unique to the Pinzgauer

I've had my 716 for over 8 1/2 years and picked up spare parts whenever they come my way ( and can afford them)....

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
$6500 would be nice if it were true. $16,519, $15,932 were what the last 2 brought.
I'll take an ATV that I can fix when it breaks.

Cheers,

Scott

I believe someone got excited and thought the one I was watching sold for $6500, I originally said I stopped watching at $6400, not that it sold for that.

sw

cubdriver55

Well I took the plunge and bought one of these 718 s I guess I will see how it goes. I know parts are high but if I am lucky maybe it will run a while with no breakdowns. I am using 6 wheelers now and putting about 100 miles a year on them. After about 10 years they are shot and are just throw aways. If I get 10 years and 1000 miles out of the Pintz I bet it will still have some sellable parts on it. I paid less than I pay for a 6 wheeler so I think it should work out ok in the end.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone else get one? What did they close at? I have a friend that was bidding and I kinda know how high he was going to bid but I can't contact him.

cubdriver55

They brought from about 10k to 13.5k. I got mine for 10k but I put in a high bid right from the start on the one I wanted and it sold first. One did bring just over 8K but the sides were missing and it did not have any roll bars at all.

bulldawg

pinzgauers

I really don't think that is a US Gov sale. We only use a few for Special Ops people and training.

I suspect that those are purchased from the Swiss military by a company that will use them in their business. Same goes for the green trailers. :-?

I wish i could have found one of the 712's before I bought my 710 M. All of the Swiss military vehicles have now been sold (according to a dealer) so it will be a shortage until the next generation start coming over (30K plus).

DSD277

Those were US military 718s... The Swiss sold a 718 Amb at auction a few years back... they never got into buying the 716 or 718 models..

Don't look for the influx of TDs as the 710/12s.... they just weren't made in the same quanitities, and not as popular with the militaries. Of the ones sold, a large number were RHD

B3.3T

SOCOM bought 718s years ago as mentions. The Special Marines (formerly Force Recon) ended up with most. These for sale certainly were on a US base. I looked at them personally, only 25 miles away...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks