• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

pioneer rack cucv 101?

hokie8358

every cut-v i ve gotten or owned had an empty pioneer tool rack or the bolt holes were they yanked them out pior to auction. so stupid question, does any one have a pic or info on how there set up with the ax,pick, and shovel posistion? iam dumb on this one lol!!! any help would be awesome guys!

LanceRobson

With the possible exception of the maintenance contact team trucks I don't think any of the CUCV series had a pioneer tool rack and tools as basic issue items (BII in the TM) so they were all unit add-ons. As such they didn't have to remain with the truck when it was transferred to someone else.

If you are asking where to put the rack, I've seen them in all kinds of places but in a pickup cab I like low down behind the seat back bolted to the rear wall of the cab. It it's in the bed it is often buried when you need it and other folks sometimes feel they can help themselves.

For the M1009 I like the space between the spare tire and the side window. If you bend a pair of steel straps so that the ends fit the slope of the fiberglass and bolt them through the fiberglass above and below the window you can bolt the rack to them so the tools sit in what is otherwise dead space between the tire and window.

If you're asking about where in the rack to put the tools the shovel blade goes where the curved steel hoop is, the axe bit goes on it's side under the beveled steel box looking part, the pick handle lays in the small rounded troughs and the pick head goes in the little fork looking things.

I've seen very few racks that didn't need a bit of tweaking to get the pick head in place The straps go through the loops provided and over the tools.

Lance

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks