• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pioneer rack mounting spot

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You don't always see pioneer tool racks on M923s/M925s, although I don't know why. I have seen them before, but it seems like they are absent (never installed) more frequently than they are present. With that said, when I have seen them, they are mounted to the top of the toolbox on the passenger side. I believe they overhang the toolbox by a couple of inches in the front. I've also seen jerry can holders mounted there, as well.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
the hmmwv tools are the same and you can use those on the 5 ton rack pictured earlier. It is the same as the deuce and many others.

The hmmwv have a bracket underneath the rear differential and clips to the frame so not likely to adapt easily.

Many on here have also mounted the rectangular frame on the sides of m101 & 105 trailers.

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks all. I've checked the TMs and they suggest the tools as BII to be stowed in the tool box on the side.

I guess, as I've done many times already, I'm going to have to figure out a suitable place for it. I don't think the top of the tool box will work as I have my Jerry can there (and it's already been put to good use!) and I don't want to move it.

I'll figure something out and yall KNOW It'll be posted... 🤣😅😁

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The pioneer tool rack fits on the tool box with the Jerry can holder. It sits longways along the tool box behind the Jerry Can holder. Both can co exist together.

I have a custom non stock wheel chock bracket next to the jerry can bracket infront of the pioneer rack.

Will try to post a picture tomorrow or maybe there is a pic on my thread Juan's M923 "Major Zippidy"

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The pioneer tool rack fits on the tool box with the Jerry can holder. It sits longways along the tool box behind the Jerry Can holder. Both can co exist together.

I have a custom non stock wheel chock bracket next to the jerry can bracket infront of the pioneer rack.

Will try to post a picture tomorrow or maybe there is a pic on my thread Juan's M923 "Major Zippidy"
You had a pic of your wheel chocks showing the rack, but without a lot of clarity on the mounting. Some pics would be GREATLY appreciated!

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So... update...

When I bought my truck and in going through it while prepping for paint, I found this.... "thing":

20211208_143443.jpg

It was mounted above my toolbox on the passenger side and I had (have) no idea what it was originally designed for....

ANYWAY... I was looking at the pioneer rack I got and was trying to figure out how to mount it when I got the idea to see if the rod fit the tube on the rack.... lo and behold...

20211208_152609.jpg

So... now I have to figure out how to fix the bottom permanently to ensure it doesn't get beat to hell and back. I'm thinking some sort of U-bolts(?)

Anyone have any ideas?
20211208_155241.jpg

Guyfang

Staff member
The TM 9-2320-272-24P-2 shows a different P-Tool rack. Having said that, I am not sure if the TM I looked at is updated, with a newer P-Tool rack and securing system. But what you got seems to work. So you maybe should figure a way to secure it, in the up position. Lockable. I am going to snoop some more in the TM's. Maybe I missed something. I might use two small rubber baby bumpers to keep the tools and rack from hitting the bed, and keep them from vibrating too much. Then some kinda hasp. That way you just open the lock, open the hasp and drop the front side of the P-Tool rack down.

Guyfang

Staff member
Ha! Got it!!

Where you mounted the P-Tool rack, is supposed to be (Figure 537) the Adjustable Safety Strap and Bow Stowage Strap position. Go to TM 9-2320-272-24P-2, Figure 537, (PDF reader page # 472) to look at what it is, AND should be/look like. There is a few parts missing.

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The TM 9-2320-272-24P-2 shows a different P-Tool rack. Having said that, I am not sure if the TM I looked at is updated, with a newer P-Tool rack and securing system. But what you got seems to work. So you maybe should figure a way to secure it, in the up position. Lockable. I am going to snoop some more in the TM's. Maybe I missed something. I might use two small rubber baby bumpers to keep the tools and rack from hitting the bed, and keep them from vibrating too much. Then some kinda hasp. That way you just open the lock, open the hasp and drop the front side of the P-Tool rack down.
Yeah, I'm definitely going to figure out some sort of storage. The only issue is the rack only swings up a little bit and would hit the Jerry can. Rubber bumbers definitely sound like a good plan!

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ha! Got it!!

Where you mounted the P-Tool rack, is supposed to be (Figure 537) the Adjustable Safety Strap and Bow Stowage Strap position. Go to TM 9-2320-272-24P-2, Figure 537, (PDF reader page # 472) to look at what it is, AND should be/look like. There is a few parts missing.
Just looked, and all the parts are there. Thanks for the heads up!

Screenshot_20211208-172811_Samsung Notes.jpg

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So... probably going to change up and flat mount it to the tool box. Now that I know it fits.. I'm going to use the bow storage mount for what it's made for.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks