• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pioneer tool rack in a M1009?

WECSOG

Was looking at Gov Planet and saw a M1009 for sale with a Pioneer tool rack mounted above the left rear tire wheel well. Was this a common practice?

Pic below.

CUCV M1009 Pioneer rack.jpg

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't believe this was common...it was not found in a large percentage of M1009s...but I've seen it before. I've also seen mounts for jerry cans, but again, I don't think it is too common.

0331king

I’ve considered mounting a M35/37 style pioneer kit on the back of my ‘09 once I switch to a truck tailgate. I’m also considering a MaxAxe to save weight.

Never actually seen a CUCV with one while on active duty.

Last edited:

cucvrus

I had one mounted on the rear seat back. I used the existing seat hinge bolts to attach a piece of 12 gauge steel and the rack was mounted on that. Sold the M1009 back when 35 mm was my go to camera. Doubt I took pictures of it but it worked well and the seat never folded anyway.