• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pioneer Trailers Recovery

skytroop232

Picked up one of two Pioneer trailers yesterday in Columbus, Ohio. It is really nice shape, no rust, fresh sand color paint and brand new tires.

Picking up the other one tomorrow, fresh Woodland camo paint, no dents dings or rust, one slightly low tire I have to fill before I pick it up.

Looking forward to going through them and seeing if there is anything interesting hiding in them.

Looking for a TM or a list of tools that were in the trailers along with info on the generator that was originally installed.

I'll get pictures soon and post them.

Bob

papercu

There is a list of tools for it in the "Resources" section and the generator should be the gas model 3kw and it should also be in "Resources". Wayne

TACTICAL6

I saw you there, I was looking at the deuce next to your trailers. You lucky dog. Those trailers are awesome. I was watching them and somehow they sold them with out me knowing......:cry: Oh well I am picking up the deuce on Thursday.... Good luck with those trailers.....

skytroop232

Shoot, wish I would have said hi. Which Deuce is yours?
Yeah I'm pretty happy with them, paid a pretty good dollar for them but at least I didn't have to go to Massachusetts to get them.

Chief_919

The generator is the MEP-016 series 3KW. The reason the government made a retrofit for some into MEP-016D diesels is that no other 3kw genset would fit in the pioneer trailers.

skytroop232

Picked up the second one this morning, very nice fresh woodland camo paint job. Larry is the keeper of the trucks at DSCC, great guy, got the yard 5-ton running and helped air up the tires.

The area we went to was the holding area for all vehicles, mostly ones that will never see an auction. I really wanted to stop and check out the 10-15 M113 APC's parked in a bunch, all the weeds grown up around them. One would have looked nice in my driveway!!

Bought one of the magnetic trailer light kits from Harbor Freight, worked great, so no Sheriffs Deputies chasing me down this afternoon.

Bob

DAP

still looking

I got the tool list but is there a manual for the entire tool trailer. The tool list looks like it was scanned from some manual but what manual number and is it on SS?

DAP

I already downloaded the 6 page tool list from SS but it looks like it came from a manual. Which manual number?

DAP

Thanks! If you can't post a copy of the PDF if you get it then email me an electroinic copy. I have been looking all over for it. Or direct me to where I can get a copy.

ONTOS66

RE: TM 5-5180-220-12&P

I have a copy of this manual, however it can't be uploaded to the resources section due to the distribution restriction:

Distribution authorized to U.S. Government agencies only due to limited rights
to data enclosed herein. This determination was made on 19 October 1987. Other
requests for this document will be referred to AMSTR-STMA, 4300 Goodfellow Blvd.
St. Louis, MO 63120-1798.

Anyone needing a copy can PM me and I'll email them a copy. I also have TM 9-2330-202-14&P which covers the trailer (brakes, lights, etc.).

Attached are two drawings that show the placement of tools, but not text. I have no idea what manual these came from.

Attachments

DAP

The pictures must be from TM 5-5180-220-12&P as that is the manual I don't have.

I have a paper copy of the TM 9-2330-202-14&P and the pcitures are not in it. I sent you PM with email address to get private copy or the TM 5-5180-220-12&P. Thank you

DAP

Right! I have no pictures because as yet I don't own a tool trailer. Trying to get copies of the manuals to look things over. I am half way there. Waiting for other manual from ONTOS66. Then also working on a possible swap between a PTT and another trailer I have. I am waiting on inside pictures of this guys PTT but his trailer isn't near him. That is OK I don't have a lot of money but I do have a lot of time. He hasn't given me the OK to post his digital pictures. Maybe skytroop 232 will eventually get pictures to post?