• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pirate Migrant

Flat Black

long time lurker and finally joined when I saw the new site and couldnt get to the pics that are hosted here.

I have been on Pirate4x4 for about 5 years and for those that dont know, there arent a lot of rules and regs over there, pretty much anything goes.

Read through the requirements for new members and some of the other newbie stuff and didnt really see a lot of info about posting rules, editing posts, PM rules, etc. There were some posted, just not a lot, so not sure if there arent a lot of rules here or what.

will try to keep the pirate behaviour under wraps until I figure things out here.

Just kind of reading and searching around for now, would eventually like to do an M35 pickup with super singles, bobbed bed and a hot Cummins motor.

Cheers,

Jon

scooter01922

There are some rules, not anything ridiculous. Pretty much keep it civil and PG-13 and its all good. So its the opposite of pirate....:p That place is a warzone.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you read the forum rules at the top in the nav bar that pretty well covers it :wink:.

Flat Black

Thanks for the info and the welcome.

just for laughs, one forum that i read does not allow editing of any post after 10 minutes have passed and you cant delete posts or threads ever, another does not allow anyone to post links to products or vendors unless they are part of that site, another one does not allow people to collaborate for group buys from vendors. All seems weird to me, but its their site and their rules.. Having no rules on pirate has spoiled me......lol

thanks

Flat Black

thanks guys, i think i will be fine and probably wont even post that much to be honest, just like reading the site and learning about some of the military and history stuff..

will try to turn the family friendly switch on when i do post and make sure I am not on pirate at the same time :D

Cheers

N1265

Here is what I do keep myself straight while posting on S.S.

I pretend I am in Sunday School talking about MV's, and along the wall listing in on the conversation is :

1) God
2) Chris S.
3) The Preacher
4) Magnus
5) My mother, with a full bottle of dish soap !

Needles to say I don't slip up too often.......

MuddWeiser

haha Pirate huh... You must of seen that post of the guy with the 39.5" tires and wanted to check out the pics!

Im over at Pirate too...

Welcome aboard. Now go get yourself an MV.

Elwenil

Welcome and yes, SteelSoldiers is nothing like Pirate. It's much more friendly here and everyone is expected to uphold the same friendly attitude. Don't post about politics, anything from a current or future auction and keep everything civil, friendly and enjoy. You can post pics here as attachments free of charge but supporting SS with donations is very welcome. Enjoy!

Flat Black

are there a lot of ppl on here from PBB?? I dont think Pirate is unfriendly, but I have been around a while on there... most of the flaming is deserved and the atmosphere there is how a lot of my friends and I act in real life, i.e. if someone does something stupid, you will be laughed at and made fun of..

not many forums like that place, I love it...

Dont know about the 39.5 pics, was reading a bobbed deuce thread and couldnt seen any pics, so I decided to sign up..

Flat Black

1) I am agnostic (no one has proven any god to me)
2) founder of this site I think, so he makes the rules
3) see number one above
4) Another site guy
5) my mother does care what I do on the internet :D

Cheers

jrou111

Welcome man, there are alot of GA, TN, AL members on here. I'm a pirate lurker almost daily, but there's so many posts and stuff I don't really keep up with it much. I love the shop build threads and the tools and towing forums.

Some of those dudes are hardcore wheelers and some are pretty crazy. This place is more laid back - thing a bunch of old army buddies hanging out talking about their old green iron. :wink:

OLDCHEV4X4

Welcome from Pennsylvania.
I used to post on Pirate. Mostly in the tool and equipment section. The Dana 60 bible is a reference i always return to.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks