• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

piston sleeve removal

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
tm 9-2815-210-34-2-2

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oh, you already removed it.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Holy crap-you broke it!

saddamsnightmare

May 9th, 2012.

Now may not be the time to mention this to the OP, BUT there is a special tool kit for pulling Multifuel engine sleeves properly, and they often turn up on EBAY for cheap!:gimp2:

ChuckM

I pulled a pan off a deuce that looked just like that recently. That's as far as I got and just pulled the engine. The funny thing is the thing was still running. Knocking hard but still running.

I once seen an EMD sling a rod out of the side of the block and land next to my feet. It kept running until I shut it down. Engines can run under some abnormal conditions. :shock:

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yep, looks like my M108 engine. Let us know how the bore looks. Mine blew at idle, and yes, it still ran.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I pulled a pan off a deuce that looked just like that recently. That's as far as I got and just pulled the engine. The funny thing is the thing was still running. Knocking hard but still running.
Yep, looks like my M108 engine. Let us know how the bore looks. Mine blew at idle, and yes, it still ran.

Sounds like there could be a pattern here. I wonder what would cause a sleeve to fall apart like that?

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
put it in the freezer overnitght before installing. Keep it as cold as possable untill you install it. When cold they will usall slide right in. Alot less banging if you dont have the right tools

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks