• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

pitman arm install

Lindsaym151

The old one came right out , the exact same going back in is a bear! Any tricks I should know?
All linkage is still in place.
Any info would help,
Thanks
Lindsay

papakb

Get yourself a pitman arm puller and some good penetration oil like Kroil. Soak it well and don't be surprised if it's still a bear to break free. The last one I did I had the puller tightened up so far I thought I was going to break it and when I hit it with a hammer it came off sounding like a pistol shot!

Action

the old is already off.
You must have the key in the correct spot to slide on. have someone move the steering wheel slightly side to side and see if you can catch the right spot.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks