• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Place to get seals and injector lines.

RIDDLE1

I have searched google and have had trouble finding a place where I can order a timing cover seal. oil pan seal, front main seal, water pump gasket, and some new injector lines. Do you guys no of anywhere that would have these items at a reasonable price?

I have a couple of injector lines leaking at the pump and a oil leak on the front of the motor. I figure if I am gong to take it apart I might as well replace everything I can while I have the radiator out and the accessories off the front of the motor.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

JCKnife

I have often thought that this site could use a FAQ or directory of surplus providers, along with a quick description of the kind of stuff they typically carry.

dutchguy

I got a new #3 injector line from TNJ Murray. A little pricey, but could buy just the single line, as that's the only one that was leaking. I found a few places with complete sets, but that's a big-dollar item. The line that I got was bent right, only needed a minor tweak to bolt it in. They have a lot of gaskets online also. Only drawback I've found with them is communications (no shipping confirmation, limited order acknowledgement). I've ordered a long list of things from them though, not disappointed yet!

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have often thought that this site could use a FAQ or directory of surplus providers, along with a quick description of the kind of stuff they typically carry.
We have had a few of these threads.

RIDDLE1

I got a new #3 injector line from TNJ Murray. A little pricey, but could buy just the single line, as that's the only one that was leaking. I found a few places with complete sets, but that's a big-dollar item. The line that I got was bent right, only needed a minor tweak to bolt it in. They have a lot of gaskets online also. Only drawback I've found with them is communications (no shipping confirmation, limited order acknowledgement). I've ordered a long list of things from them though, not disappointed yet!
The guy I needed to talk to at TNJ Murray was not there today.

I did talk to Eastern surplus and they will only sell me a complete gasket set for $360. That was more than I was wanting to spend. I need to find the individual gaskets if possible.

Eastern also had New injector sets for $245 and used for $125. Does that sound fair? Would you chance used lines?

phil2968

I found out how important the rubber caps on the injector lines at the IP are after changing out the hydraulic head this weekend on my bobber! Three of my rubbers were missing and the lines were rusted to the nuts and the nuts were hard to remove from the head. I got it changed but it was not fun. Can new ones be installed on old lines? Don't see how they would stretch over the injector nuts. Wonder where you get those?

RIDDLE1

I found out how important the rubber caps on the injector lines at the IP are after changing out the hydraulic head this weekend on my bobber! Three of my rubbers were missing and the lines were rusted to the nuts and the nuts were hard to remove from the head. I got it changed but it was not fun. Can new ones be installed on old lines? Don't see how they would stretch over the injector nuts. Wonder where you get those?
Man I have no idea! LOL! I guess I am just gong to bite to bullet and buy a new set of six complete lines.

I am still having trouble finding the gaskets for the front of the motor.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I'm keeping mine too. The timing cover gasket does not have to have any certain thickness to keep it running. I know others may be specific.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks