• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Plastic fuel line

borky51

Can I replace the plastic fuel lines with compression fittings coming from the fuel filter hosing with a rubber fuel line? and what different type of fittings would I have to use or should I stay with the plastic lines. The line I have on the M-35 are cracked Thanks

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A bit of searching the site should come up wit hundreds of threads on this.

DOT air line works fine.

Standard fitting work also. The correct ones are also available.

Use inserts.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Try a search for, "1/4 dot fuel insert" keywords.

SSG Gibb

I have had similar issues with my truck on the return lines, I used AOAP hose to replace the clear plastic and it works well. After a while I decided to fix it forever so I started replacing All the plastic lines with Copper. ;-) it looks Great. If you decide you want to go with the plastic I have plenty of NOS fittings and AOAP hose. "PM if interested" if you'd like to go with Copper I'd be glad to give you a few tip.

borky51

I wouldn't mind staying with the plastic lines I could really use the fittings/ compression rings along with the hose. I'm having trouble finding the hose and the fittings. thanks that would be great I can be reached on my cell 262-347-8711 ask for Bob

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did you search the key words I posted, and read a few of the threads?

Some guys have posted the grainger part numbers and MSC part numbers for the fittings.

Your local plumbing dept has them.

DOT air line at ant big truck shop or NAPA.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Be careful with the hardware store stuff. I had to make a emergency repair with some tubing from Lowes. By the time I got home the fuel had already turned the tubing soft. I don't think it's rated for petroleum products. Make sure the tubing is DOT rated.

Just go to NAPA or your other favorite truck parts store and ask for DOT air line tubing. They will set you up with what you need.

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had absolutely no issues with the lines I got there.
I did learn that they do perform better with the inserts than without.

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Come to think about it ! If you are using gas the tubing might not hold up..
I was running straight diesel.
The gas could melt the plastic.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In an emergency(roadside) I replaced a bad line with some poly tube from lowes. It barely made it home. It is NOT rated for fuel or the temps of the fuel or underhood heat.

The dot line works perfectly as it is nylon.

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
fuel line

The DOT tubing is bullet proof, and its ubiquitous, @ truck stores & NAPA. Having Bubba use substitute hardware store stuff with non rated hose/vibration & hot engine temperatures/leaking fuel line -- well that's the makings of another Hollywood sidebar of burning a truck to the ground.

Last edited:

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would need to caution from my parts selling days that "most" dot stamped "air brake " line tubing is NOT fuel rated. Fuel rated tubing carries different markings. Check the specs of your tubing manufacture web site/catalog to be safe and compliant.

Will it work- Yes, will it possibly cause trouble with an inspection? ymmv

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Polyurethane is what you want to use, it is good for fuels and oils.
No, that is not what you want to use.

You want to use airbrake line.

borky51

Thanks everyone for that responded about the fuel lines a lot of good ideas, I decided to go with Hyd. hose and replace all the fittings. I found everything that I needed Good material for $40.00 this includes all the injector line. Thanks for all your help you guys are great.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks