• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Plates and insurance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

itsunday25

Ok im geting ready to buy a 5 ton and a deuce and a half can you guys tell me the best way to plate them and insure them whats it cost thanks?

shannondeese

Here in California if you have one too knew to use the historic plates it'll cost about 800 to initially register it and then 400 every year. Good Luck in pennsylvania

robert c neth

Banned
mine all have antique plates .for real info any notary can help with plates and a call to your insurance agent .state farm insured mine with no problems.

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
my 925 is registered as a farm truck, and cannot be used for anything other than farm use, NO commercial use at all. The truck is registered at 51K max gross and I paid 214.00 for registration and licensing, insurance is about 100.00 more per year than the Deuce. The 900 series is one very fine truck!
KK

Big Z

You're obviously going to encounter some serious variation...but I'll humor you.
My 67 deuce is farm plated for 13 tons. It's like 30 bucks a year. State farm liability is 240/yr for me.

Check your state dmv (website). They will probably have the fees charted out.

diverman555

In Memorial
In Memorial
My M923 is registered as a pick up here in Michigan and has historical plates on it.
Full coverage ins is 365. per year and the historical plate is $30. for 10- years.
Not bad and I can use it where I want.

diverman555

In Memorial
In Memorial
INS. and Plates

My M923 is registered as a pick up here in Michigan and has historical plates on it.
Full coverage ins is 365. per year and the historical plate is $30. for 10- years.
Not bad and I can use it where I want.

jedawson1

M923A1 I have antique plates listed as a pick up body $30 a year. Liability insurance cost $200 a year with Allstate. I had to get my SF-97 title form in hand before DMV would title it, had to have Title in hand before insurance would cover it. This was a GL truck, if your buying a personal truck make sure it has a title. I live in Tennessee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks