• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Plating M54 in Broward County. Florida

lavarok

Section 3 starts:

[SIZE=-1]"The owner of an ancient or antique firefighting apparatus, former military vehicle, or other historical motor vehicle 30 years old or older which is used only in exhibitions, "[/SIZE]

I read this as "30 years old or older" applying to each listed item "[SIZE=-1]firefighting apparatus, former military vehicle, or other historical motor vehicle", but I can see where this might be up to interpretation.
[/SIZE]

strosfla

hmmmmmmmmm...maybe 'ambiguous' can work for us here :-D I do know when I went to the Assessors office, I pretty much pointed her in the direction I wanted to go when she pulled up her options on their computer. Already invested over $300 just to have a plate till January. I read the statute too, and took from the description 30 years referring to all the previous vehicles mentioned. But now that I read it again....... I think we have an argument for the '30 year' vehicles standing alone. Think you might need to have a little luck when you actually go to battle with whichever clerk you get, and hope they take your knowledge as fact :grin:

strosfla

Section 3 starts:

[SIZE=-1]"or other historical motor vehicle 30 years old or older which is used [/SIZE]"

[SIZE=-1]
[/SIZE]
................Reading it a little slower and out loud, I'm thinking YES this is a separate qualification. Now to come up with some official sounding reasoning if the clerk disagrees ........................

wheelspin

yep its a separate item for classic cars and trucks of 30 plus years old. Florida had to crack down some time back on the autos, you had classic plates and antique plates at one point in time. now for Tallahassee, you are better off with a big boot in you butt than have to deal with them. the plates can be issued by your local tag office, i sent all my paper work in to them after getting help from the local tax collector along with my check, and no tag but a letter with more questions. so back to the local office a damn got the tag on the spot.. oh, by the way you can get a temp plate while you wait for your tag from Tallahassee. i still have the "never" expiring temp tag after i got issued my hard tag.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Section 3 starts:

[SIZE=-1]"The owner of an ancient or antique firefighting apparatus, former military vehicle, or other historical motor vehicle 30 years old or older which is used only in exhibitions, "[/SIZE]

I read this as "30 years old or older" applying to each listed item "[SIZE=-1]firefighting apparatus, former military vehicle, or other historical motor vehicle", but I can see where this might be up to interpretation.
[/SIZE]
It says or not and. It needs to meet one of these requirements, not multiple. Take a copy of 320.086 with you and don't be afraid to debate the issue. They won't know the code to enter, don't think anyone does. On mine they use FT for fire truck. Know you are right because you are.

lavarok

I'll be heading down to the tag office to see about a lifetime plate on my M1010 this week. I'll let you guys know how I make out.

taylorcraftbc65

I'm going to find out what it is going to take to put Texas Tags on my Five Ton on Thursday. I'm getting a stack of paperwork about two inches thick with it.
The other thing I need to find out, is if I can replicate one of the trucks in a SGT Missile unit I was in, when I was stationed in Germany during the height of the Cold War. I would like to stencil the bumpers as the trucks were stenciled in B Btry, 5/77 FA. I just don't need someone saying, (after 9/11), that I am trying to impersonate a truck in a unit that n longer exists.
What about it guys? Do you have any problems stencilling the bumpers on your trucks? THANKS in advance for any info. Brie

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks