• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Please help identify electrical connector in K5

EMISSARYx

Alright guys, I am usually very good with the google, but I can not locate an answer!

What is this connector???

I have a connector coming for the trailer connection on the rear bumper. You know the actual military plug MS75020-1...

I want to use this electrical connector if it makes sense - what did the military connect to it? Where can I find the mating male connector? Where can I find a pin diagram or description?

I thought figuring out the rear one would make this easier!!! Thank you all in advance the help.

EMISSARYx

I found that pic while searching BTW. Judging by that setup it looks like whoever owns that truck and radio could identify that plug. Nathan Wilkens if you are reading this I hope you don't mind me borrowing your photo from this link for educational purposes.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is the connector for the STE/ICE diagnostic tester. The pin out is in Appendix E of the TM 9-2320-289-34 Tech Manual.

You can find the diagnostic tester on eBay every once in awhile. And sometimes in the classifieds.

Visit the CUCV Forum and at the top of the page is the CUCV Wiki. It has all of the CUCV Tech Manuals listed.

The actual manual for the Tester is still classified, but you can find copies of it.

Last edited:

Wolf.Dose

Forget that plug, in 99.9% of all case you do not need it. I survived 14 years and 372000 km without the use of that. Disinstalling is somewhat tricky, you need to cut the insulatin of the harness and get wire by wire out of the harness. There are enough warning lights to indicate the problems you might have. If there is more than that, the diagnostic not realy will help you. It is the beginning of the diganostic and just checks what you also will find with a voltmeter.
Wolf
For example, the monitoring of the altinators is also given by the gen warning lights, what do you need the monitoring cables for that. The highter idel shwitch in the right side of the engine is nice to have operational, but you do not need it for running the engine.