• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Please help identify....

sapper65th

I came across these lights on eBay and was told they are for 5 tons. They are heavy and beefy so I kind of believe it. But I can't seem to find any examples online. Can anyone confirm? Thank you.lights.jpeg

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
They’re vehicle kill indicators for multiple integrated laser engagement systems (MILES). Not 5 ton specific. They would be mounted on any vehicle outfitted with MILES at a combat training center such as NTC, JRTC or JMRC. Usually armored combat vehicles are fitted with MILES. These lights may have other applications too, but I’ve only seen them used as kill indicators.

B88BAE2F-30B3-425B-8CCD-7BD3BE36A5CD.jpeg

sapper65th

They’re vehicle kill indicators for multiple integrated laser engagement systems (MILES). Not 5 ton specific. They would be mounted on any vehicle outfitted with MILES at a combat training center such as NTC, JRTC or JMRC. Usually armored combat vehicles are fitted with MILES. These lights may have other
LOL, MILES for heavy equipment.... THANK YOU! I knew someone here would know. I've never noticed them when i was in but I was light infantry and it was years ago. THANK YOU again for replying and educating me on this. I thought maybe I found some gold, but they are nothing more than a novelty piece 😂

Guyfang

Staff member
Well. Novelty? Highly useful in my book. I used something just like your lights, but a tad smaller. I hooked it up next to my grandsons training pot. Every time he sat on the pot and left "fluid residue" in the pot, he got to turn the light on. Took 2 days to train the little rascal.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks