• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Please help- i'm new!!! M35a2

neb4x4

I just got a 1971 AM GENERAL M35A2 about a week ago. My first military vehicle... I am a auto- tech, so I have a lot of wrenching experience... But have a few ???? with my m35.. Main ??? How/is there a way to adjust the "stop-lamp" switch on the vehicle? My brake lights work, but only when engine is running and brake pedal is ALL THE WAY down, brakes work fine, but during normal stopping, the brake lights don't work due to the pedal not needing to be put to the dirt!!!!

One more ???? If anyone could please help me... I'm new at diesel's, except 5.9L CUMMINS...... I NEED more power out of this Continental engine. it's a multi-fuel... Overhaul was about 1000 mi ago (military overhaul) But man, this needs twin turbo's. LOL!! Anyone give me info on how to SAFELY turn the pump up a HAIR?????

Any help would be great!!!!

THANKS MUCH
Brandon

50shooter

I don't know squat about turning up the fuel but I've run across several posts on here that talk about it. The TM's may explain it some but then again they don't want everyone tweeking the trucks in the field so maybe it's not covered.

If you go to the search function and try a few diff. searches on fuel flow or IP you are bound to find the posts. I know some of the SS vets have some warnings about how much is to much etc.

Did you bid on your second truck yet or are waiting until next month? Go ahead and laugh now b/c you are bound to learn that they are like Doritos...can't have just one.

Best of luck and have fun.

Sumoman

If you wanted a truck that went fast you might have looked elsewhere:-D

Welcome. This thing is made to burn just about anything, and provide power.. so how much more power do you need? If you are talking speed you might have bought a lighter truck.. lol

I would go a simple route, your fuel. You may want to see who is using propane injection or something similar like HHO to increase the octane / act as a catalyst for the burn and see how it is working. I will be installing the HHO as a trial and will post it here, the good bad and ugly, after I get my EUC approved:evil:

Chevytruck

turning up the fuel is a good idea, however you might want to get a pyro. because you gotta be careful when you turn it up so that you don't melt the turbo or engine from the extra fuel burning.
:|

neb4x4

Yeah I know the truck is heavy and all.... But I think there is a way that I can make the stock enging pull a little more ponies... I am not knowagable with mechanical injection pumps.... I am good at putting my computer on it and BOOM 250 EXTRA HP!!! But the power issue I can live with.... I have driven FORD TRUCKS!!! LOL!! JUST KIDDING For FORD LOVERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How about the brake light issue? Anyone have any ideas? suggestions???

Thanks
Brandon

What do you mean? "worthless without pics"

Thanks
Brandon
We like pictures.
The search function is located at the top of the page under resources. You will find oodles of posts to answer both of your questions. If you are specific when making the title to your thread, a list of similar posts will be shown prior to your posting. Also check out the Deuce section on the forum page and the tech manuals under the resources tab.
I hope this helps.

GoHot229

You can look around in the section "SEARCH" I recall back last year coming across a post about a member who was suppiying substantially larger turbos that could deliver up into the 200-250 HP and higher range. You'll find that A Duce is about best at the rating it is expressly designed for. When you go faster, there is more 'BRAKE' demand, the tires are not for Hi-Speed, nor the handeling since it was designed as an offroad vehicle primarily. Your best bet is to sift through Duce Hot Roding, and there you will find a host of ideas and actual modifications you might find usefull. The 5 Ton may provide you more power and speed if you feel you still need it after a look at the Duce concept and design. They just aren't fast, and the multifuel wont take hotroding for long. Otherwise just enjoy what you have.

deuceman51

I have a brand new brake light pressure switch that I would be willing to part with, that might be your problem. The other culpret would be low brake fluid or air in the system that would reduce the pressure, but i'm sure it is the brake pressure sensor. PM me if you are interested.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks