• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Please help me make a plan to Move from Tampa To Chattanooga with shipping containers.

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My last good idea on this subject ! You start papering the towns around both properties that your having a FREE Jenny Craige weight loss book of 100 dollar coupons hidden under one of these 5 containers and the first team to get their container either off or on to the nice truck drivers trailer (of coarse there will be 5 teams ) that team will win 3 months worth of BLUEBELL ice cream and get to meet Ophra Winfrey ! Now someone top that idea !!

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
My last good idea on this subject ! You start papering the towns around both properties that your having a FREE Jenny Craige weight loss book of 100 dollar coupons hidden under one of these 5 containers and the first team to get their container either off or on to the nice truck drivers trailer (of coarse there will be 5 teams ) that team will win 3 months worth of BLUEBELL ice cream and get to meet Ophra Winfrey ! Now someone top that idea !!
ROFLPIMP.png

In all cases, Refer to Rule #1

Rule #1: If we have to be here, we have GOT to have fun!

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor

nukem

Years ago, one of my in-laws filled three containers stuffed full to the ceiling with kitchen equipment from Decatur Al. to West Texas by rail. I don't remember the specifics but that might close the distance between you and Chattanooga?

They are known for the Chattanooga Choo Choo.

4671 Hybrid

This gives me insight to what I have to look for and why.

I am use to doing everything myself. My goal is basic, decent house, workshop low overhead and security. Moving 600 miles makes it more complex. I have been using semi trailers for my workshop for years. Summertime in Florida inside a semi trailer is brutal. I genuinely am thank full for everyones input. Here are some pictures of my current workshop (long and skinny LOL), and new workshop ideas.
Here's your solution;
1) Buy my Volvo 780 which I'm selling for cheap and now you have your own semi.
2) Use my 48' Kentucky moving trailer for free and move all your stuff up in 2-3 trips. Because of the greater height and length, my trailer will hold about the same as 1 3/4 shipping containers and you can load it with 50k lbs.
3) Buy empty containers and have them on site in Chattanooga waiting for you. I like adventures so I'll probably even come along and help you load / unload on one of them (I'm in FL about an 90 mins away from you).
4) Sell the Volvo 780 when you're done with it, probably for a profit, and end up with a new friend that helped you move some of your stuff.

Bonus: No CDL required because my Volvo is registered as an RV :)

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Here's your solution;
1) Buy my Volvo 780 which I'm selling for cheap and now you have your own semi.
2) Use my 48' Kentucky moving trailer for free and move all your stuff up in 2-3 trips. Because of the greater height and length, my trailer will hold about the same as 1 3/4 shipping containers and you can load it with 50k lbs.
3) Buy empty containers and have them on site in Chattanooga waiting for you. I like adventures so I'll probably even come along and help you load / unload on one of them (I'm in Ocala).
4) Sell the Volvo 780 when you're done with it, probably for a profit, and end up with a new friend that helped you move some of your stuff.

Bonus: No CDL required because my Volvo is registered as an RV :)
Dang good idea... Especially if you are doing the move yourself.
AND this 4 point plan is a great way come in under budget!

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You should look into the fat girl idea i brought up earlier ! Last week i ran an add on craigslist that there was going to be free lipo suction and tummy tucks after the ice cream party and concert with Englebert and Tom Jones and they could all meet Ellen and ophra but to get the grounds ready they had to dig a 4 acre lake in my backyard so for 3 straight days they never layed them shovles down or slowed them wheel barrows the local volenteer fire dept stayed and kept all the girls sprayed and cool with the fire hoses and the young fireman got down to their scives and the gals got so excited my new lake is 30 ft deep but they got a little hostile when they found out there wasnt any ice cream or concert we had to teargas them and use the rubber bullits on em but they finaly left and they were all sweating and cussing with big ol bruses from the rubber bullets the sheriffs dept said they would leave a car here for a couple days till they all cooled off and my lake looks great the fire dept has just about got it full but weve drained the water tower !

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
You should look into the fat girl idea i brought up earlier ! Last week i ran an add on craigslist that there was going to be free lipo suction and tummy tucks after the ice cream party and concert with Englebert and Tom Jones and they could all meet Ellen and ophra but to get the grounds ready they had to dig a 4 acre lake in my backyard so for 3 straight days they never layed them shovles down or slowed them wheel barrows the local volenteer fire dept stayed and kept all the girls sprayed and cool with the fire hoses and the young fireman got down to their scives and the gals got so excited my new lake is 30 ft deep but they got a little hostile when they found out there wasnt any ice cream or concert we had to teargas them and use the rubber bullits on em but they finaly left and they were all sweating and cussing with big ol bruses from the rubber bullets the sheriffs dept said they would leave a car here for a couple days till they all cooled off and my lake looks great the fire dept has just about got it full but weve drained the water tower !
I am liking the lake idea pretty good...
You could always offer the FD the ability to draft water out of your pond

I almost think you need to be writing a book.
Makes me smile when you spin up a yarn for sure!

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am liking the lake idea pretty good...
You could always offer the FD the ability to draft water out of your pond

I almost think you need to be writing a book.
Makes me smile when you spin up a yarn for sure!
If its true its called a biography ! You thought i was kidding ? I still have to have a armed guard and some pepper spray to go grocery shopping !seems the fat girls are always at the grocery and none of them seem to have amnesia ! 3 of em chased me almost all the way to my truck last night at PIGGLY WIGGLY I had to throw down my sack full of soft batch cookies and 2 boxes of Little debbie christmas tree cakes is the only thing that saved me ! My armed guard abandonded me and ran off ! Their SAVAGES im telling you ! They even got to fighting amoungst them selves over the cookies as i drove off ! Their so big that the stun gun doesnt phase them ! Ive had to get a cattle prod to back em down ! 1 of em got lippy today at the bakery standing there holding 2 dozen doughnuts and i lit her big ass up with that prod il never get that image out of my head her sprawled out in the floor at Sweet & Sassy still cluthing those 2 boxs and jerking every time i hit that trigger.

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If its true its called a biography ! You thought i was kidding ? I still have to have a armed guard and some pepper spray to go grocery shopping !seems the fat girls are always at the grocery and none of them seem to have amnesia ! 3 of em chased me almost all the way to my truck last night at PIGGLY WIGGLY I had to throw down my sack full of soft batch cookies and 2 boxes of Little debbie christmas tree cakes is the only thing that saved me ! My armed guard abandonded me and ran off ! Their SAVAGES im telling you ! They even got to fighting amoungst them selves over the cookies as i drove off ! Their so big that the stun gun doesnt phase them ! Ive had to get a cattle prod to back em down ! 1 of em got lippy today at the bakery standing there holding 2 dozen doughnuts and i lit her big ass up with that prod il never get that image out of my head her sprawled out in the floor at Sweet & Sassy still cluthing those 2 boxs and jerking every time i hit that trigger.
I don't blame the guard, if I saw a herd of sweat hogs coming at me and the only thing between me and the great beyond was a piddly little 9MM, I would run too.

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't blame the guard, if I saw a herd of sweat hogs coming at me and the only thing between me and the great beyond was a piddly little 9MM, I would run too.
I called him today and asked him what about no man left behind ????? He told me to kiss his ass ! that this job didnt pay enough to get taken out in a stampede and he was going back to security job at walmart in the parking lot with his flashing yellow light and walkie talkie and to lose his number !! Whats come of this labor force in the U.S. $4.25 an hour should afford me a ALL the security one would need !

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I called him today and asked him what about no man left behind ????? He told me to kiss his ass ! that this job didnt pay enough to get taken out in a stampede and he was going back to security job at walmart in the parking lot with his flashing yellow light and walkie talkie and to lose his number !! Whats come of this labor force in the U.S. $4.25 an hour should afford me a ALL the security one would need !
He was over qualified. And be honest, after he hauled A, the second thought that crossed your mind (after oh sheet!), was this guy might be smarter than I thought. Be thankful the Twinkies were not in the same bag with the beer.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks