• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Please help mouse proof my 802A.

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I looked at the battery holes. I tried to think of how a mouse would get past the tray and battery. There is no way. I said forget it. Maybe if bored, i’ll throw a couple small sheets under the battery trays. Honestly there is NO WAY a mouse is getting in thru there.

Until the day you have to replace a battery, and suddenly have to run out for a few hours, with no battery in its place.... yes, most of the time you won't have to worry. But why not eliminate ANY chance when you are already on topic?

MarcusOReallyus

All items are available on that auction site that everybody hates.
Which one? eBay?

It's okay to say eBay! eBay! eBay! eBay! eBay!

It's not a forbidden site!

You can even link to sellers on eBay. Go ahead! It's allowed! (I have no clue who that seller is. Chosen at random.)

What you cannot do is to link to live auctions, whether on eBay or anywhere else.

It's okay to say eBay!

nf6x

Feral Engineer
I'm kind of dreading the job of going through my MEP-003A with acoustic suppression kit (ASK). It's been sitting idle for several years, and I'm pretty sure that rodents have been making a mess of things in there. I expect I'll need to pull off the ASK and replace all of the fiberglass batting. The suggestion of closing off any holes with 1/4" hardware cloth sounds interesting, and I wonder how hard that will be on the MEP-003A ASK. I'm also wondering whether there might be a better acoustic insulation material to use than fiberglass batting, which would be less attractive as a nesting material.

Bmxenbrett

I also live in NY and had the same mouse mess your talking about. What i did before the winter is hardware cloth inside the intake grates and zip tied them in place. Looks real clean and no extra screw holes.
The bottom hole is right in the center and i siliconed a piece of the perferated aluminum that covers the side of the rad.
Not even the sign of a single mouse poop. Poisons and traps may work but they cant live where they cant get. Keeping them out is the best option

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Which one? eBay?

It's okay to say eBay! eBay! eBay! eBay! eBay!

It's not a forbidden site!

You can even link to sellers on eBay. Go ahead! It's allowed! (I have no clue who that seller is. Chosen at random.)

What you cannot do is to link to live auctions, whether on eBay or anywhere else.

It's okay to say eBay!
Yeah, but there are a number of overzealous moderators who troll through this part of the site, so its much easier to do it this way.

smokem joe

Until the day you have to replace a battery, and suddenly have to run out for a few hours, with no battery in its place.... yes, most of the time you won't have to worry. But why not eliminate ANY chance when you are already on topic?
I agree with this! I have my personal unit under a shed roof with 2 open sides. I have about 4 cords of wood under the rest of the roof. Mice and chipmunks love woodpiles. I took no chances with mine, and just about all the units I go through get the same treatment unless requested otherwise.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks