• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Please Help Save The Trail of Honor in Jackson, MS

mikeseal43

To all Military Vehicle Owners!

Our Local Veteran appreciation event called the Trail of Honor at the Harley Davidson Dealership in Jackson, MS has been cancelled to the public this year due to the Sequestration that our Government is handing to us. Find out more on this amazing event here- http://www.trailofhonor.org/Home.html

Monday the 20th of May will be the main event. The Run For The Wall Bikers (comprised mostly of Veterans) will ride in for a little while. (Probably around 3 hours) Anyone is welcome to display their Military Vehicle for the Riders that day. If interested, You can send me a personal Message here on SS for further details. Thank you, Mike Seal.

Last edited:

mikeseal43

I thought it would be appropriate for how the Government is treating the Military and Veteran appreciation events! Thank you for Replying! We already have some vehicles attending. I just hope to get as many as we can! Mike.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Usually SOS or Help are for people broke down on the road who require Immediate assistance.:-D

mikeseal43

Yours is probably not the only event in danger of disappearing. Maybe we should try and save all events like this, not just yours.
Yes indeed. I'm starting off with this one. This event always has at least 3 MOH Recipients, The Navajo Code Talkers, The Tuskegee Airmen, the Run for the Wall Veterans that ride in on Monday, and On and On! Its the best event I have ever seen in these parts!

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I AGREE that events of honor and rememberance should be some of the last to suffer from the impending budget adjustments. And that all such events should have the local support to ensure their continuance (and funding).

On the side topic of Thread Titles....

S.O.S. probably isn't appropriate in a title. Good luck with it.
Usually SOS or Help are for people broke down on the road who require Immediate assistance.:-D
Ok, I get it. I probably went too far over the top with the SOS bit. Sorry ya'll! Just wanting to help out and save this awsome event! :mrgreen:
I respectfully request that the O.P. or a MODERATOR please EDIT the title of this thread.

The use of S.O.S., MAYDAY, and the word HELP (in all caps) in a thread title should be reserved ONLY for REAL-TIME EMERGENCIES and for ALARM purposes such as DISABLED MVs, SteelSoldiers Members in CRISIS, and other topics REQUIRING IMMEDIATE RESPONSE by the SS at large. IMHO, "causes" do not qualify for such an ALARM (or "drama").

The PROMPT correction of this thread's title is emphatically encouraged.

Thank you.
Respectfully,
John, aka: "Chappy"
SS Chaplian

Last edited:

mikeseal43

Thank you for fixing the title, after the post yesterday I realized I needed to change it. I tried to but with no avail. I should have asked a moderator for assistance. It will not happen again. Mike.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank you for fixing the title, after the post yesterday I realized I needed to change it. I tried to but with no avail. I should have asked a moderator for assistance. It will not happen again. Mike.
Yes, thank you for that revision.

We will keep the EVENT, along with all who participate and support it in our prayers.

John

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks