• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Please help with my slant!!!!

bobit

Hi guys, was wondering if I can pick you brains for a second. When I hung my springs, I get the natural backwards slant of the springs. Well when I bolted my rear end to it and lowered by trucks, I get a nice backwards slant to my rear end ( the square part of the axle housing). Is this normal? Do you guys machine you spacer block between the springs and the rear end at a angle to take this out. Please, any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks David

Attachments

bobit

This doesn't look like a weight issue to me, but I'm no expert. The Bed is not on it yet. The m105 has a circular axle housing, so its not an issue. Angle is in the picture I posted.

Attachments

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I know Hundy has used these axle springs, but don't think this issue was brought up. I would go ahead and make a shim to go between the axle housing and the springs. Looks like 10* I would make the shim 8*.