• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Please ID this trailer - thanx

oddave715

Lifting rings look like the same rings I have on a marine corp trailer. And the little tires look like something from an airfield. Not much help I know but those are the things I see to start off.

robson1015

IMGP3018.jpgIMGP3017.jpgIMGP3005.jpg
Bought this off craig's list to mount my MEP-831A onto. IMGP3011.jpgIMGP3020.jpgNeeds a new hand brake lever, this one rusted and broken inside. It uses the same hand brake as a m416 trailer. Has anyone seen this type trailer ???

robson1015

The entire trailer is aluminum including the lunette ring. Tire on the nose is 4.10/3.50/6 The rear tires are 6.90-9NHS

I found some faint numbers stamped on the side 305 ASSY 83 14463 Anyone ???

Last edited:

quickfarms

The rear tires are common to airfield support trailers.

The trailer looks like it was once some sort of aircraft support trailer. It is designed for low speed off highway use.

quickfarms

Would it be possible to use on the highway with the proper tires???
Anything is possible a lot depends on the weight distribution and if it is top heavy with the generator.

Personally I hate trailers that are narrower than the towing vehicle.

Are you talking around town or on the freeway?

Does it have a suspension?

The tires are an old trailer size.

Does your state require brakes on a trailer?

You would have to add lights

robson1015

It has torsion suspension and is 5 feet wide to the center of the wheels. With lights and road tires it seems it would be road worthy. I doubt I would take it out on the interstate but it is well built. Wouldn't require brakes being so light even with a 300 lb. generator on board. Thanx for the reply.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks