• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Please identify where this is supposed to get reconnected

freecr

I more than likely disconnected this (air line?) and now I don't see where to reconnect it? This is on a 1993 M1079 with a cat 3116 engine. It may be different than the other engines (3126, 3136, A7). As the picture shows, two lines come out the valve cover on the passenger side of engine and then tee together into one line with a fitting. I hope someone can tell me where it supposed to attach to. I must be looking right at the thing and not seeing it.20161023_175308.jpg

TNriverjet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That looks like the ether injection for cold start assist. It should go towards the back of the engine and to a small fitting at the bottom of the ether injection port. The ether canister sits between the spare and the air/hydraulic pump.

freecr

Thanks TNriverjet and Gimpyrobb. That makes perfect sense. I removed that, so that's why I couldn't find what it attached to. I removed everything between the cab and the shelter. I completely forgot about the ether.

dronsen

freecr- any chance you can post pix of chassis with cab up of area with removed equipment and the mods you made for relocating? Thinking of doing the same and photos from all angles, front/back/etc. would be very helpful - thanks

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks