• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PLEASE, please, please use the search function - no horn

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK, my M1028A2 lost lights (all of them) and horn while I was driving around the other day. I checked ALL of the fuses. They checked out OK on my multimeter.

But I knew it was one of those fuses. So I used the search function. Several different variations of 'electrical problems', 'no lights' and it wasn't until I read this thread did I FINALLY remember this was going to probably solve my problem.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/cucv/6444-no-lights-horn-turn-signals-help-please.html

Kudos to Mike and Graham

I replaced the 30 A fuse on the right hand column, second one down and my problems were fixed.

Thanks goes to SS SEARCH FEATURE and about three hours of searching. But the information IS THERE. Just be patient and KEEP READING AND READING. You will probably find what you are looking for. If not, modify your search string and read, read, read. If nothing else, you will probably learn what your problem IS NOT.

Anyway, thx to SS. AGAIN.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Also, I have found that the general search will often NOT find what you want. It helps to search the correct forum, such as deuce or 5ton.

sam

The search function on most forums is not very good. I use Google when I need to search a forum. You simply add site:steelsoldiers.com to the end of your search. Don't put a space between site: and steelsoldiers.com. I tried it with Bing and it seemed to work.

"no lights" fuse site:steelsoldiers.com

search function site:steelsoldiers.com

It doesn't always give you better results than the forum search. Some forums are private and so search engines can't index those. Just having the same interface to search all my favorite sites is nice.