• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

plow recovery / gin pole

rizzo

the seller had no way to load it. wrecker is out of commission and the ground would have been too soft anyway

Attachments

Last edited:

rizzo

Looks good! Any problem with tailgaters? How did you attach the straps in the bed?
my friend followed me in his truck. 15mph on dirt roads. I pulled over when a car came up behind us. total trip was @ 8 miles. Felt fine on the last 200 yards of pavement. I was worried about bumps and the eyelets in the bed breaking

I hooked the straps into the eyelets in the bed.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I like that! I have all the necessary components to duplicate that setup! Did it seem like it was reasonably secure and "safe"?

rizzo

I like that! I have all the necessary components to duplicate that setup! Did it seem like it was reasonably secure and "safe"?
yes, I had a strap around it to hold it in close to the truck.

If was going to drive on a paved road with traffic i would have looped a chain from the lifting strap up to the pintle ring. I was using a electric planetary gear winch and don't think the drum brakes are super reliable on them. Everything else was solid and did not move during the trip.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Cool, Thanks for the reply. That my be just the ticket, in a pinch.

wkbrdngsnw

that's awesome! I'm building a gin pole for the front of my 42' WC that will use the PTO winch. How much does that implement weigh? Did you have any problems with the load swinging as the truck moved?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks