• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Plow work...

rhinob

So pleased with this configuration. The M1009 is a real pleasure to use as a plow. Photo is during the clearing of the runway in Maryland. Some tweaks left to do, but very satisfied!

Attachments

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks good too.

rhinob

That is one fine looking M1009 Sir! What paint code/brand did you use?
Thanks much! It's CARC 383 I think. Maybe someone can correct that number. The supplier brand was PPG. I had it done by a paint shop that was also painting new military water purification units. $50 more than the standard auto paint options.

Last edited by a moderator:

rhinob

Good looking truck. My new M931 has the same "MD ANG" on the front bumper. I picked up in Havre Degrace.
The "MD ANG" was an add-on by me since I'm associated with a private airfield in MD. Thought I'd 'blend-in'....

It was originally a liaison vehicle based at Ft. Meade and was sold to me by a man who bought it directly from the Army - long before the loving influences of GovLiquidation {sarc}.

Last edited:

rhinob

Great looking setup. Very nice looking "09". I really miss my old Blazer and Jimmy. Great trucks and just the right size.
Mucho thanks. I kept a more vintage Meyer setup to be 'period correct' all the while knowing that the '09' wasn't really used for snow removal. Being 6' 7" tall, I can't really do an '08' comfortably! Slowly rehabing the blade itself. The framework is eiter NOS (black) or tidied up in green. All new hardware. The idea is to have something that's very presentable and will 'see me through.'

Originally I wanted to sell this rig an keep an '85 Land Rover 110 V8 / Factory A/C 4-speed and put a blade on it. Since it sold much faster than the '09', I did two things with it - installed air-conditioning and added the Meyer. Very happy with both. The A/C is Nostalgia-Air and I have added some photos of it here toward the end of the post....

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showth...et/page7&highlight=nostalgia+air+conditioning

I also added a couple of photos from the day I brought it home...(whoops - first camo pic is after new BFG A/T's.)

Attachments

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In the past, there were many 1009 and 1008s up at FT Drum that has locally installed plows on them, used for on base snow removal.

Now, there are still a few around but the Humvees have the plows on them.

If I remember, next time I go past them I'll try to snap a pic and post it.

rhinob

In the past, there were many 1009 and 1008s up at FT Drum that has locally installed plows on them, used for on base snow removal.

Now, there are still a few around but the Humvees have the plows on them.

If I remember, next time I go past them I'll try to snap a pic and post it.
Oh, very cool. Thank you!

I have a light bar yet to install - a period-correct Federal Signal. Needing the proper brackets from the bar to the gutters!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks