• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Plowzilla

tm america

looks good do you think a 10ft plow will cover the track when its angled looks good on there i like the 11.00s on there to i have consided painting mine tan looks easier to touch up

blacktop

As far as mounting goes this is a western unimount plow, the powerhead, a-frame, springs, plow ect are one unit. I bought this used and it came with a mount for some unknowen truck. I built it so the truck mount is pinned on and easily removeble. The front 2 mounts are standard shackel mounts put on the bottom of the bumper with longer bolts. The rear mounts are made on a cross member that bolts to the frame under the winch using four of the bumper bolts. I would say it is a comprmise of strength and removability as I cant have that chunk of steel hanging down 12 inches off the ground all summer. Ill try to get some more pictures tomarrow. After this is done Im on to hydro. power steering.:-D

rockman

nice looking setup. I'd be interesed in how she drives with both a winch and plow on the front. Hope you have a heater...

I thought there was guy in CO, maybe Mad Sam who was hooking up a plow also..

mudguppy

... After this is done Im on to hydro. power steering.:-D
i recommend the PSC hydro kit - it even makes turning my 16.00-20s easy (and you can get rid of the gigantor steering wheel). and if you use the 5 ton pump (bolt on) it will be that much easier to install. there are pics in my album of how Jim installed the steering cylinder.

blacktop

Sorry about the slow responce. Im not totally happy with the mount I used what I had at the shop and am going to try it this winter to find the week spots. The foward mount to the frame is the only part that concerns me right now.I can remove the plow and mount in about 10 minets. I am using a 12 volt plow with a big vanner battery equilizer, it seems to work well. I am going to use a ross hf 54 box for steering. Here and some mount pictures.

Attachments

Last edited:

blacktop

nice looking setup. I'd be interesed in how she drives with both a winch and plow on the front. Hope you have a heater...

I thought there was guy in CO, maybe Mad Sam who was hooking up a plow also..
With armstrong steering its like it was when I had ndt duals on it, not to bad.

yeager1

Looks nice! Here's another nice looking plow setup. Very similar to yours, but the front mount is higher, which also spaces the rear mount back further. If I find a cheap used plow, I'll do the same.
Dump/Plow

Attachments

dabtl

I do not think I will need one of those in Texas. Just another reminder why humans should not live north of Sherman, Texas.

Westech

CPL
I have a feeling that mount wont look that nice too long. You might want to put some more back bracing. As is, the weight of a deuce and if that plow hits something hard its going to fold that up in to a crumpled pop can formation.

BEASTMASTER

i ran push arms back to the axel u-bolts. 2x2x1/4 square tubing. course i'm pushing a giant 11 foot 5 foot wing 1800 ld plow on my 5 ton.the plow frame itself weighs an impressive 450 lds.real pain taking it off for the summer, and putting it back on in nov. but it helps pay the ins. happy plowing!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks