• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pm'ing Pic's

Marlboro

Trying to post some pics through pm, but can't see them when i preview the message? Looks as tho its there in a different link but not in the post as it would be if i posted in the open forum?? Make sense? Is that just the way it is?

zout

Under your pm reply box you are pming in - in the second box with a white boarder you will see MANAGE ATTACHEMENTS - click on that and post your pictures as you would then on a thread or post.

hope this helps

Marlboro

Thanks, But thats what i'm doing.... When i go to preview it though the pic does not come up like when i post one in the the Deuce or Members rides forum's.

zout

Are you saying there is a size difference ? Just need a litle more info on being able to help. If I cannot I am sure there is a member here who can assist to get you up and running.

Truckoholic

What sucks about that, is not being able to see if you attached the right pic before sending the message. And then after you send it, if you discover that you accidentally sent a pic of your naked wife, you can not "un-send" it unlike a forum post that you could edit to remove the pic. I seem to recall something different the last time I pm'd someone a pic too. But I usually don't preview my messages before sending them.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What sucks about that, is not being able to see if you attached the right pic before sending the message. And then after you send it, if you discover that you accidentally sent a pic of your naked wife, you can not "un-send" it unlike a forum post that you could edit to remove the pic. I seem to recall something different the last time I pm'd someone a pic too. But I usually don't preview my messages before sending them.

Easy fix for this is the view the list of possible attachments as thumbnails instead of files. You can see the pic you are attaching.

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Posting Pics, without URL, downloaded from your deivce

The "Manage Attachment" button does not appear at the bottom of the "Go Advanced" PM page. I click the "Insert Image" box above the PM window, but it asks to upload pics only from a URL. How does one upload pics to a PM directly from files on your device? Thanks.

DrillerSurplus

Under your pm reply box you are pming in - in the second box with a white boarder you will see MANAGE ATTACHEMENTS - click on that and post your pictures as you would then on a thread or post.

hope this helps

When I'm trying to drag down from photo collection I've uploaded to the bottom of "manage attachments " window to attach to post, what I have noticed that more than 75% of the time the photos just won't stick in bottom window, even after repeatedly selecting the ones I want & dragging them down, so I'm unable to post them.

I recently learned that when that happens if I close "manage attachments" window (x out of it) & then reopen "manage attachments" - PRESTO- the photos are there in lower portion of the window ready to post. Weird, but it has consistently worked for me & changed a very frustrating experience into just a couple of extra steps that don't take much time and work consistently.

I wondered if this same experience is what has lead to so many posts regarding problems re posting pictures. If the mods want, I could do a screen video shot of how photo uploading/posting process doesn't work as expected.

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wait...I didn't think we were allowed to post pics in Private Messages anymore??:confused:
Is it that we are not allowed to post pics to PM's anymore or that the function is not working properly? I am not finding anything in the rules under the Private Messaging section regarding this issue.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No PM attachments at all.

That feature was turned off a couple of years ago. And no, do not ask if it can be reinstated because it will not.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks