• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PNW Armed Forces Day on JBLM.

wsucougarx

Hey Ed, Peter (Amer-Team) made mention of this in one of the threads....not sure which one. He's got the contact info, info on fuel reimbursement etc. He'd be the go to guy for info on this event. I'm scheduled to work that weekend.

Amer-team

Think I put the particulars in our PNW thread.
May 19 at JBLM, Cowan Field area, we will most likely be behind the outfield fence at the baseball field.
Rosters had to be in by 5/1 so registration for this event is closed. If you have a base sticker and ID, you could still get in.
I will most likely bring along a jeep, but will be doing a WW1 display in the baseball field area.
All folks that contacted me are on the Friends of Kilroy, military history group list.
Event starts at 1000 and we should arrive no later than 0900. We are supposed to stay in place till 1700. SS will be sharing the area with the Puget Sound Military Vehicle club and Friends of Willie and Joe.

Amer-team

We will be staging on the grassy area just north of the theater. Will be sharing that plot of land with Friends of Willie and Joe and any Puget Sound vehicle folks that show up. The event boss, Kate, thought that we all could figure out how we wanted to set this area up. This is a great space as it is right where the people are dropped off to enter the event.
See you Sat. morn. P

Amer-team

It was a light turnout on our part. Thanks to Ed for bringing the M35 and Mary K. for babysitting my M38A1. the weather was great and the crowd was large. We had front row display area for the event this year. Sorry for little to no pics as I was tied up most of the time in the WW1 display area. I had a WW1 trench ligher on display. Some ladies were looking at the display and asked about it, so picked it up, fired it up and explained to them that this was so well built that even after 90 years it was still holding a charge of lighter fluid. They were amazed. Of course I filled it Friday night. :)

Mission accomplished.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks