• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PNW Info Thread!

wsucougarx

Hmmm what could that be Zy. I type this as I sit here eating at the mini mall at jblm. Just got done previewing at gl. Someones not going to be happy when they come to recover their m923a1. The snow proved too much for their bows and bow corners...yikes

Last edited:

SteveKuhn

Thanks. I didn't really expect any of the SS guys to do it. Kinda figured it was a long shot, but I was hoping that somebody might know a packing service so I could figure in their services into how much I wanted to bid.

Well, there's only so many pallets of <undisclosed objects>. Happy bidding.

Steve

Stalwart

Nope, there was several inches of snow and slush and I was stupid enough to be wearing sneakers. I only walked around the M989A1's and the 16 tires that look like possible replacements for the ones on my truck.

Beerslayer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks. I didn't really expect any of the SS guys to do it. Kinda figured it was a long shot, but I was hoping that somebody might know a packing service so I could figure in their services into how much I wanted to bid.

Well, there's only so many pallets of <undisclosed objects>. Happy bidding.

Steve
Aren't there enough pallets of <undisclosed objects> in New Jersey? You guys have all the great truck deals there.

All we have here is a few piddling pallets of <undisclosed stuff> to fight over. (sniff)

Beerslayer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Next time your in St johns. Ya should swing by if ya can.
Thanks Josh, I'll do it. I know where you live. The tire guys pointed out your truck to me.

It's a local landmark.

Who got these from GSA? A lot more than I thought they are worth. $4900 for both?
GSA Auctions, General Services Administration, Government Site for Auctions
I think it is because they are a newer design that are relatively rare in collector hands at the moment. Remember what an m923 cost two years ago? About three times what you would pay for one today.

Unless you want one Right Now, just wait and you will get them for scrap price like everything else.

Stalwart

Wow, I've never watched anything at GL before but the people who bid up here like their stuff. I understand about the "round things", replacements in the real world are expensive. I don't understand the trailers much, what use is a HEMTT specific trailer? I can't imagine a use for one, even a 5 ton wouldn't like towing one loaded. I haven't even bid on anything . . . EVER.

ABN173

Wow, I've never watched anything at GL before but the people who bid up here like their stuff. I understand about the "round things", replacements in the real world are expensive. I don't understand the trailers much, what use is a HEMTT specific trailer? I can't imagine a use for one, even a 5 ton wouldn't like towing one loaded. I haven't even bid on anything . . . EVER.
Yeah they do! Every so often you can get lucky, My M1008 went for $1900 three years ago ( I know one of your HEMTT tires cost as much as my truck :shock:).

-Dale

SteveKuhn

"...Aren't there enough pallets of <undisclosed objects> in New Jersey? You guys have all the great truck deals there..."

I dunnoo. Seems like everybody around here runs down to MD all the time. Besides, think of how many of those nice trucks I'd have to buy & scrap to get about the same number of pallets of <undisclosed objects>.

'Sides, everything I wuz looking at is still sitting on opening bid.

Steve

goodguyzy

Well JBLM is a "special place" look at what the 395 are at, you can buy them cheaper from a private dealer and they still have a day to go. Those m1101 just went for $2500 each the other day on GSA, I don't know who is bidding on this stuff but for that price ill sell them some of my private stock.

SteveKuhn

"...395= <undisclosed objects> ..."

Naw . . . in my neck of NNJ this week <undisclosed objects> = [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]"...SZ: 9.00-20...MS5304-5..."
[/FONT]
I'm a 24087 'n canvas originalist.

SK

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks