• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PNW Info Thread!

Stalwart

Yes Scott, there are a LOT of tires up there for: Ferret, Fox, Stalwart and HEMTT. The only unused ones are for the Ferret and HEMTT. I think we got the last set of Ferret tires available in England and I've been offered a ghastly sum for them.

Yes the benefits of having paid my house off, a bit of extra cash. The down side is I'm 50 this year. Jane and I weren't happy with the price of the trailers but we were happy with the condition. Provided an EUC comes through, we will take it straight to some friends shop for a repaint and TLC. There are a couple VERY minor things to fix as we see it but we should have it with the HEMTT at Arlington this year, complete with our rocket boxes to "pretend" to carry the real MLRS that the trailer was made for.

Olywadan

It's only illegal if you don't have a Washington or Utah CCP. Washington reciprocates with Oregon, all that is needed is to go pay the fee and get the license.
Oh... Didn't know that, how do you go about doing this? And is it new? Looks like I kinda started a crap-storm.

jets1959

Yes Scott, there are a LOT of tires up there for: Ferret, Fox, Stalwart and HEMTT. The only unused ones are for the Ferret and HEMTT. I think we got the last set of Ferret tires available in England and I've been offered a ghastly sum for them.

Yes the benefits of having paid my house off, a bit of extra cash. The down side is I'm 50 this year. Jane and I weren't happy with the price of the trailers but we were happy with the condition. Provided an EUC comes through, we will take it straight to some friends shop for a repaint and TLC. There are a couple VERY minor things to fix as we see it but we should have it with the HEMTT at Arlington this year, complete with our rocket boxes to "pretend" to carry the real MLRS that the trailer was made for.
I too am glad you got a trailer. You deserved it.

Amer-team

So what is the trick for seeing the prices, besides being the successful bidder on a particular object? Do you need to be registered for the GL site? Or do you have to wait till the last minute and see what a piece goes for?
Sounds like some picked up some parts they needed today. Way to go team.

Beerslayer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oh... Didn't know that, how do you go about doing this? And is it new? Looks like I kinda started a crap-storm.
No Crap Storm.

There are some folks here who are justifiably sensitive about things though.

So what I have known for a long time is that if you have an Oregon CCP, you can go to Washington and get a reciprocal with no problem.

What I learned recently, is that if you go and take the class in Hillsburrito from the training guys there, all you need and the best for you, is the Utah CCP. Their requirements are stricter than most and Utah has the most reciprocal agreements.

So if you have the Utah CCP, you are good Most Places.

If you are interested in specifics, send me a PM and I will return the relevant info.

goodguyzy

Well I got confirmation of the win on the 916, now the EUC and fun begins. I'm going to make a trip next week to see if I can get it started. How much work will G/L let you do on the JBLM lot? Going to bring 4 charged 6tl, tools, ether, a prayer.....

ABN173

Well I got confirmation of the win on the 916, now the EUC and fun begins. I'm going to make a trip next week to see if I can get it started. How much work will G/L let you do on the JBLM lot? Going to bring 4 charged 6tl, tools, ether, a prayer.....
I have not had any issues recently, however three years ago I just wanted to stop in and run mine some so the batteries would not be dead when the EUC did clear. Anyway Lonny was not in a great mood and I was a bit irritated that he would not let me in to do that. Something about that had just had some items stolen recently so he was trying to cut down on the traffic. I've bought several items from there in the past so he knows me now so that helps. Biggest thing I can suggest is call ahead, always ask first (don't assume its ok) perhaps even bring some donuts. When dealing with GL you get more with "sugar & Honey" than with "salt & vinegar"

Congratulations on your win!
Dale

wsucougarx

They will allow you to do zero work on the truck until you pick up. Even then its frowned upon by GL. Tony wont make a stink about it, but Im sure Lonny will. Lonny never goes out into yard so youre safe there. Other than that you are not allowed to drive your POV into the yard unless youre picking up.

ABN173

Hey Dale, got a question for you. Is there any place on base to get diesel? Ive checked out the fuel stations on post yo no avail.
Mike,

The new shopette/gas station they were still building when I deployed is supposed to have diesel fuel. It should be open by now. If you came in the Matigan hospital gate and go straight until the road starts to curve and head towards the PX, well the shopette was being built on the left hand side right after the curve. (before you pass the airfield) Hope that helps!

-Dale

mightymanx

I have done a fair amount (check fluids fil tires charge batteries etc. ) of work there but you need to get there early and the pass and ID office lines are out of control if you don't have base access.

If you are comming from southern Oregon I would come the day before stay in a hotel or bivouac somewhere, and then get to the pass office at the buttcrack of dawn to get your tag to get on base.

Then you have the day to do stuff.

Be advised that there is snow and ice ponds in the lot so get some ground cover to lay on if you are coming up soon.

srodocker

i know i know i need to plan a mini rally...been slacking lately...but this buying a house thing sucks! well until i get a house then it wont. all my toys will be at one place! hopefully ordering the head gasket set this upcoming week from white owl. along with some other goodies darn it!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks