• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PNW Info Thread!

Amer-team

Stopped by the Ft. today and the hsitoric military vehicles are going to get front row center this year. There is a grassy area just as you come off the main street, just north of the theater that they are going to turn over for MV parking and whatever other displays might be attached with your vehicle. SS, Friends of Willie and Joe, and the Puget Sound MV group will be sharing the area. It is a pretty big area so there should be no problem. She said if we needed it, we could also move over onto the grassy spot in front of the theater.
questions? Peter

Hammer

Napavine will be having it's parade. We got word on that a few days ago.
I am working on the new convoy route. Trying to make it interesting without being TOO long of a route.

Hammer

Well, a good dose of water and/or gatorade is what the days need to be filled with. So I will be right there with ya Mike. But I go for the Dr Pepper for soda ;)

REO 54

The REO 54 is going to attempt to come down to Chehalis this year.Going to be interesting for sure. I know I'll be in the running for the 'Hardluck' award.

Dale's rig can be the "FireDeuce" this year,as his truck is lookin' great! :drool:

If the gasser does'nt pass muster, then I'll have to drive my 81' AmGen.

Attachments

Amram

I am really interested in hearing your stories REO. Right now I am in firm belief that the devil himself has taken the form of my truck and has commenced in the task of torturing the life out of me. In the short amount of time I have owned it so far I have had 3 flat tires, all 3 fuel filters have clogged twice, the alternator died on me at a busy service station causing me to block 2 rows of pumps and miss the mini rally I was trying to organize, ate 2 batteries, fried it's in-tank fuel pump, and last but not least welded the left low beam wire together with the horn steering column wire. If this trend of luck continues down the path it has been traveling much longer I will reluctantly have to exit stage right from the MV hobby before I have to file for Chapter 13. So far the the people I have met have been awesome and the truck is a blast to drive when it is working properly but I can't seem to go more than a week without a major problem. I cannot risk losing my security clearance because of financial issues created by owning this demon. BTW Scott, Dale, and I have bestowed onto my truck the name "Oscar" because it is a grouchy complaining hulk of iron who is soon to get a large trashcan painted on the side doors.:twisted:

ABN173

I am really interested in hearing your stories REO. Right now I am in firm belief that the devil himself has taken the form of my truck and has commenced in the task of torturing the life out of me. In the short amount of time I have owned it so far I have had 3 flat tires, all 3 fuel filters have clogged twice, the alternator died on me at a busy service station causing me to block 2 rows of pumps and miss the mini rally I was trying to organize, ate 2 batteries, fried it's in-tank fuel pump, and last but not least welded the left low beam wire together with the horn steering column wire. If this trend of luck continues down the path it has been traveling much longer I will reluctantly have to exit stage right from the MV hobby before I have to file for Chapter 13. So far the the people I have met have been awesome and the truck is a blast to drive when it is working properly but I can't seem to go more than a week without a major problem. I cannot risk losing my security clearance because of financial issues created by owning this demon. BTW Scott, Dale, and I have bestowed onto my truck the name "Oscar" because it is a grouchy complaining hulk of iron who is soon to get a large trashcan painted on the side doors.:twisted:
Fuel pumps, alternators, and old wiring issues all can happen to all of these old trucks.

Being Devils advocate here but the most expensive upgrade had to be the rivet rims/super singles tire project..... well maybe that could have waited a bit? I mean you got those fairly soon after buying the truck and I know that was pricey ($$$$) not to mention those tubes are crazy expensive too. Yes the people we meet in the hobby are great! Sometimes we meet other cool people as a result of our MV's (IE conversations started while getting gas). And dude I don't have to even ask how much fuel cost is driving to Brad's place from Bremerton! Like what 70 miles each way and 140 miles round trip? For what like 8-10 trips already?

I guess what I'm trying to say is fix what you have now and stick to the smaller less expensive mods until you get caught up. We just gained a new PNW member and friend so we do not want to see you leave the hobby so soon after joining us. The possibilities are endless with all the mods we can do and this site gives us even more ideas and the knowledge to execute these projects. Hopefully your truck will be with you for a lifetime, there is nothing that says you have to execute everything in the first 90 days. Slow your roll brother.....its hard I know its so addicting. Wifey just caught me looking at air tanks for mine ....that kind of stuff can wait.

Anyway not flaming you Mike, just saying hang in there all these bugs will get worked out. You know I will help however I can.

-Dale

Amer-team

Hang in there. Do it right with each piece you repair and replace and one of these days you will have it caught up and be ready to really enjoy it. My truck I got for a realitively low initial price, but years of lack of use have taken the toll and it has required some pricey repair work. but I know what has been done and how and can now depend on those pieces to keep me going.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks