• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PNW Info Thread!

Amram

Yeah Dale is right. I really didn't need those new tires my NDT's were pretty new looking. I made a compulsive buy like I did with the truck itself. I felt the price I paid for all 7 tires were too good to pass up since they were brand new. Just like the truck I felt if I didn't jump on it when I did I would never get the chance of really owning one. Lessons learned I guess.

wsucougarx

Keep your head up shipmate. Just downshift to 4th gear and enjoy the ride. There's a learning curve to these machines. I too jumped into the hobby too quickly. So much so I burned myself out real bad. I ended up selling everything I had within a 2 months period from my initial intro to the hobby. I sold off two deuces and two trailers. Aaronw bought my two trailers. After the smoke cleared I was back in the saddle again. This time I did it slowly and didn't spend every waking hour consumed in this hobby. I just took it easy and enjoyed what I had and made time for life. I'm back up to speed as you can see from my inventory below;-). Got to keep a balance my friend.

Amer-team

Got my first MV 25 years ago. Still have that one and 6 others and out of seven, 5 are running. they are not 100 point restorations, but they go and stop and are green or variations there of. Some need cosmetics but they are for the most part dependable runners. When I want to go they start and off we go and it is fun every time.
Nothing better than a vet coming up and relating stories about their time in this vehicle.
When I first got the M54 about 3 years ago, was going with a group of WW2 vehicles and we were meeting at a park and ride. There was group of guys meeting in that park and ride for something else. When I pulled in with the 5T, over they came to check it out. The WW2 guys were looking and wondering why that truck and not theirs. It seems a couple of the men had gotten the Army Drivers licenses in the 5T and came to listen to the whistle.
hang in there, it will get better.
P

ABN173

Keep your head up shipmate. Just downshift to 4th gear and enjoy the ride. There's a learning curve to these machines. I too jumped into the hobby too quickly. So much so I burned myself out real bad. I ended up selling everything I had within a 2 months period from my initial intro to the hobby. I sold off two deuces and two trailers. Aaronw bought my two trailers. After the smoke cleared I was back in the saddle again. This time I did it slowly and didn't spend every waking hour consumed in this hobby. I just took it easy and enjoyed what I had and made time for life. I'm back up to speed as you can see from my inventory below;-). Got to keep a balance my friend.
Well said Mike, my point exactly. I'd like to hear that story sometime. I'm going to track down OD Nylon fabric or Canvas and take Rydel up on his offer to reupholster my seats for me. Hey AMRAM(Mike2) If I score enough maybe he can do both of ours. That would be an inexpensive mod that spruce up the trucks. Not sure if yours need it as much as mine but my seats need it bad! Might put some mem foam in there too while they are being recovered.

-Dale

Amram

I can give you the passenger bench out of my truck if you want it. It has brand new fabrics and cushion. I am putting the Toyota 4 runner buckets in my truck that Scott gave me. The buckets are going to be attached to springer bases. I hope I am not coming across as a whiner on here. This truck is just stressing me out right now. When I got the flat tire an hour before the parade yesterday I about lost it. Alot of people were counting on me, including my Full bird Captain who was looking for me in the stands, to represent our facility. Luckily those 4 cans of fix o flat worked. I am going to try and see if they will sponsor me on future outings with the truck.:)

ABN173

Thanks for the link Mike(1) I will need that for the driver seat right now it's covered in black duct tape.

Mike(2) I may take you up on the bench seat offer, once you get yours installed of course.

-Dale

Amer-team

Dale, do you have a springer seat or box? You are on the right track with the foam. Add an inch of foam on top and you will have a much more comfortable seat. Also I have used GI sleeping mat for this purpose as it is inexpensive and sheds water very well. Some of the other upholstery foams are more like sponges.

ABN173

Dale, do you have a springer seat or box? You are on the right track with the foam. Add an inch of foam on top and you will have a much more comfortable seat. Also I have used GI sleeping mat for this purpose as it is inexpensive and sheds water very well. Some of the other upholstery foams are more like sponges.
Peter,

I have a springer seat. I have a extra twin sized 4" thick memory foam mattress I was thinking of trimming down/cutting up, I could use the PT Mat foam to make it a tad less spongy/squishy then reupholster/cover both pieces. Thoughts?

-Dale

Amer-team

That sounds like a game plan to me. Only thing is sit on the foam and see how much deflection you get. You may need something a bit stiffer than the memory foam. you want something stiff enough so that your spine is not being part of the shock absorber for the truck. If it passes the sit test, go for it. The sleeping mat over the top would also help it shed water for those times when you feel a need to hose out the truck.

srodocker

shoot my truck has been down what 3 weeks now? Its kind of nice being able to just take a breather every once in awhile. show season is upon us so i will defiantly be working the old girl out....

Amer-team

If any of you have considered going the Packwood flea market this weekend, I would say go for it. It was nice up there today and picked up a couple of nice items. Got an Army Air Force marked pen and ink set and a nice 30 cal. 1944 dated tripod. And no i didn't take everything and there were people still setting up, so there are probably more treasures to mine.

If any of you have an interest in M-37's take a look on CL. Saw a pair on there a couple of days ago. Of course they are near mint, you know with the usual disclaimer, running when parked, but it looks to have been 20 years ago.

Have fun. P

turbovr6jetta

Im sure you guys have all seen the 51 reo for sale on cl. I think Im going to buy it. Im not sure why. But I needed a dump truck. Anyone want a job hauling the thing to me?

turbovr6jetta

Yea. Your probably about the same distance as me. Im going to try to get there tomorrow but that ferry schedule sure makes it hard on me. I figure worst case I have a dump bed and ram and offer it to any SS guys to have

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks