• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PNW Info Thread!

Stalwart

*******HIJACK ALERT*******

OK, I was going to spend the summer getting some of the old iron running and driving (out of the yard), specifically 4 Alvis Stalwart amphibious trucks, 2 with cranes and 2 without. Last week I nuked my back and I'm not going to be able to work on them. They will be offered in pairs . . . now at the low price of . . . wait for it . . . FREE!

I will be able to provide verbal assistance and advice but not actual work. I'm keeping any further harm to my back allocated to getting our stuff to the Arlington Airshow in mid July. I'd like to have them all out of here in the next 2 months. They are available to our PNW SS friends FIRST with the exception of 2 individuals, they know who they are, and I won't mention them here or elsewhere.

PM me if you are serious, email me: hemtt ***** at***** me "dot" com or phone 42 5 (filling gaps) 516 816 8

By sending them out in pairs you should have everything you need to make a good truck. I also have literally TONS of spares including rebuilt engines, they will NOT be free. I bought the last 2 available in England. The used parts wont be expensive, just the rebuilt engines. I also have manuals you can have copied at your expense.

I don't want to post this in the classifieds for 4 reasons:

1. I'm not selling anything here . . .

2. I don't want any requests like this: "How much to ship to me in BF Egypt?" I don't know and I don't care, if I have to pay or arrange for transportation, it will be to a metal recycler in Seattle where I get the money.

3. I am hurting pretty bad and I don't want to get 1000 request for information.

4. They are heavy enough that long distance transportation would be expensive: about 21,000 w/o crane, 23,000 w/crane.

3 of the 4 were running when parked, one needs a new engine (the other one could donate).

Stalwart

Thank you! With 2 ruptured disks and one bulging I should have been smarter and used the crane rather picking up several hundred pounds of awkward metal. The HEMTT was only 20 feet away! I often act stupidly and I admit it! :cookoo:

Hammer

Man, sucks on the back Stuart. I crushed the lowest disk in my back a few months back. I am sort of getting back to normal now! Just take care of yourself!

Mike, Hah, I am pretty sure those things would be too far over height on my trailer.
And yes, I am obviously interested. Hey, I have PLENTY of space ;)

Hammer

Hmm, Actually, online data shows that they are only 91.2" tall. So yes, I COULD haul them on the trailer behind my m818.
Man, that would be a cool sight!
Hard part, loading it UP that high. Lowest part of the trailer, the rear, is 55" high!

Last edited:

Stalwart

Thanks guys, I appreciate it!

Speaking of height, they are only about 8 feet high at the cab, 8'4" sticks in my brain, (over the cab mounted spotlight) BUT the crane variant, the FV623 is a bit taller because of the folding crane behind the cab.

Recon Charlie Alpha

Now thats the best hijack I have seen!:jumpin:

Hope your back recovers soon Stuart!

Sure wish I had room for a couple, having a Stalwart in the yard wouldnt certainly up the cool-ness factor....not to mention the looks I would get taking it fishing in Lake Sammy8)

So, .....Ive got an M925, if there is some way I can help out one of you other lucky guys, shoot me a PM.

Amer-team

Sorry to hear about your situation Stalwart. Having tried that route with the surgeons about 4 years ago, some of them really have a handle on this back stuff and do a great job. Good luck with this situation.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks