• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PNW Info Thread!

Stalwart

Steel grates over the intakes and as I recall stainless steel impellers. They aren't tiny little drives, bigger than a Berkley in a modern jet boat but with axial flow turbines. The intakes are on the side of the hull about 6" below the waterline and 3' above the bottom of the tires.

jets1959

Sorry about your back issues Stalwart!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can be pretty brain dead at times myself. Love the trucks just don't need anymore projects at the moment. Get better soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:driver:

ABN173

Shameless plug for T-shirt project

All,

Just making a shameless plug here. :-D I am making the T-shirts, hoodies for the PNW Chehalis Rally. This is strictly a non-profit venture I wanted to do for all of you that I call friends. I jumped into the deep end a bit offering T-shirts, Long-sleeve T-shirts, sweaters, and hoodies. My cost so far is closing in on 2K.

Cost on these are priced to cover only chemicals, inks, shirts, and shipping charges. Again I'm not making a profit. If you are interested see post #4 here:
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/upcomi...chehalis-river-valley-m-v-convoy-campout.html

T-shirts: $6
L/S T-shirts: $7
Sweaters: $14
Hoodies: $19

Also I will have pics of Ed's (FT Powell) star design really soon too.

Thanks,
Dale

Attachments

Last edited:

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank you! With 2 ruptured disks and one bulging I should have been smarter and used the crane rather picking up several hundred pounds of awkward metal. The HEMTT was only 20 feet away! I often act stupidly and I admit it! :cookoo:
Just wanted to let you know that we're putting you on our prayer list - That's some serious damage you've done to you back. We pray your complete and quick healing and recovery.
John

ABN173

*******HIJACK ALERT*******

OK, I was going to spend the summer getting some of the old iron running and driving (out of the yard), specifically 4 Alvis Stalwart amphibious trucks, 2 with cranes and 2 without. Last week I nuked my back and I'm not going to be able to work on them. They will be offered in pairs . . . now at the low price of . . . wait for it . . . FREE!

I will be able to provide verbal assistance and advice but not actual work. I'm keeping any further harm to my back allocated to getting our stuff to the Arlington Airshow in mid July. I'd like to have them all out of here in the next 2 months. They are available to our PNW SS friends FIRST with the exception of 2 individuals, they know who they are, and I won't mention them here or elsewhere.

PM me if you are serious, email me: hemtt ***** at***** me "dot" com or phone 42 5 (filling gaps) 516 816 8

By sending them out in pairs you should have everything you need to make a good truck. I also have literally TONS of spares including rebuilt engines, they will NOT be free. I bought the last 2 available in England. The used parts wont be expensive, just the rebuilt engines. I also have manuals you can have copied at your expense.

I don't want to post this in the classifieds for 4 reasons:

1. I'm not selling anything here . . .

2. I don't want any requests like this: "How much to ship to me in BF Egypt?" I don't know and I don't care, if I have to pay or arrange for transportation, it will be to a metal recycler in Seattle where I get the money.

3. I am hurting pretty bad and I don't want to get 1000 request for information.

4. They are heavy enough that long distance transportation would be expensive: about 21,000 w/o crane, 23,000 w/crane.

3 of the 4 were running when parked, one needs a new engine (the other one could donate).
Thank you! With 2 ruptured disks and one bulging I should have been smarter and used the crane rather picking up several hundred pounds of awkward metal. The HEMTT was only 20 feet away! I often act stupidly and I admit it! :cookoo:
Wow, somehow I completely missed this page of post. wishing and praying for your speedy recovery! Let us know when the Stalwarts find a new home. I'm on orders for FT Bragg so I will be leaving at years end or I'd have PM'd you too. Thanks never the less for that offer to us here on the site!

-Dale

Stalwart

AWESOME work Dale!!!!!!!!

On the Stalwart issue, I think there are enough people in line for a very few trucks. I will have to evaluate some kind of pecking order but I'd kindly like your help and guidance guys.

I want to make this as fair as possible!

How should I weigh the following?

1 First to show interest
2 First to view and say "yes"
3 Perceived ability to revive and remove the vehicle(s)
4 Likelyhood of the vehicle to live again

Any input would be GREATLY appreciated!

On my back issue, your thoughts and prayers are SO nice. I must say that SS is the nicest group of people ANYWHERE!

ABN173

I want to make this as fair as possible!

How should I weigh the following?

1 First to show interest
2 First to view and say "yes"
3 Perceived ability to revive and remove the vehicle(s)
4 Likelyhood of the vehicle to live again

Any input would be GREATLY appreciated!
Maybe its just me but I'd order them like this:
1. Perceived ability to revive and remove the vehicle(s)
2. Likelihood of the vehicle to live again
3. First to view and say "yes"
4. First to show interest

I sent you a PM on my nomination and why.

-Dale

Stalwart

Thank you for your thoughtful input Dale, it is MUCH appreciated.

I agree on your order, it is the best order for me after all. I just don't want to be preceived as being a jerk about it. Some people ARE going to be dissapointed, I just don't like being the bringer of bad news. These projects aren't for everyone, that's why I REQUIRE that they MUST inspect them before saying "yes."

ABN173

FT Powell's PN MV Star design

Ed,

Sorry it took so long,

All,

This design was created by FT Powell, For the most part I planned for this to be a white ink on green or black shirt theme, however I was working with black ink today and could not stand waiting on this one any longer. So here it is!

-Dale

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks