• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PNW Info Thread!

wsucougarx

How did the viewing go today? I would have liked to have come just to see everyone but I'm on baby standby. Just got back from a 3.5 mile run. The entire time I was thinking my wife was in labor wondering when I was going to get home...LOL. Let just say that took some serious time off my run tonight:wink:. Still waiting...

ABN173

I can relate, I went skating last night (26.11 miles in 2 hours 10min) I saw my wife had left her phone in the car and Kept thinking she needed to reach me so between that and a blister I stopped at 26 miles. Although if she was close to being labor I don't think I would have even gone.

-Dale

REO 54

Just got back to the Islands.The viewing went well at Stalwarts.Awesome amphib's for
sure.Make no mistake.There could be years of work and thousands of dollars later....
but hey,it's not just a hobby.It's a passion....:cookoo::lol:

I'll try and upload some pic's tomorrow.

hwcurtice

Just got back to the Islands.The viewing went well at Stalwarts.Awesome amphib's for
sure.Make no mistake.There could be years of work and thousands of dollars later....
but hey,it's not just a hobby.It's a passion....:cookoo::lol:

I'll try and upload some pic's tomorrow.
I so want to correct this comments made in REO 54's post. it's not a passion nor a hobby. Its a sickness of which there is no cure. :cookoo::cookoo::cookoo:

muhahahahahaha!

Stalwart

They are going to be a lot of work, no doubt. They are mostly there but it will a lot of effort for a very strange vehicle. BTW, the sheet steel under the rear decking of one of the 623's was a later mod for when carrying fuel cans. It was to keep dripping fuel cans from making a Stalwart flambe when the fuel hits the red hot exaust under the floor. For us normal humans, it doesn't belong there!

Nice seeing everyone, sorry I was such a mindless statue, I was in a bit of pain. I have a good brief plan of attack from one interested party. All others please feel free to submit yours, if you are interested. Doesn't have to be written it can be easly called in. :popcorn:

Amram

So team clownshoes has struck again.....that would be me. :cookoo: I killed my deuce yesterday. Was filtering some WMO with an oil filter and water seperator. The water seperator malfunctioned and filled my tank with about 2 gallons of water along with the diesel and oil mixture. Fired the truck up....ran for a minute and it stalled out and died. So far all I have managed to do is get the tank pumped out after that I will pull and replace all fuel filters and flush the lines.

Bthrasher4

Us Southerners are feeling kinda left out and confused here. What does PNW stand fer...Past Northern West-Virginia? Not sure there's any land past them Appalachians, are there?
:whistle:

REO 54

Stalwarts "Stollys"

Like to thank the Stalwarts for having us over and letting us check'em out.

My niece and nephews were thrilled.Ahhh...perpetuating the maddness [thumbzup]

Pic's O the day.....

Attachments

Stalwart

I had a visit from Ray (lives down near Hammer) last evening, I forget his SS name but I greatly enjoyed speaking with him and showing him around the trucks. From our discussion it seems keeping the trucks in pairs (even mixed pairs) is the best for all involved. I guess some decisions must be made fairly quickly by me . . .

F'N!WreckerRay

Stuart,
I want to thank you very much again for the tour and the chance to drive up to your place.
Getting home at 0200 on a work night was kinda ruff but the excitment of getting to see one of these great beasts kept me trucking!
Not to mention getting to see all the other wonderful rigs you got was awsome.

Thanks again :D
Ray

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks