• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PNW Info Thread!

Amer-team

For those of us that have enjoyed for many years, cruising the military shops at Tillicum, WA, I have to pass on a sad report.

Gail of Dave and Gail Robinson, Historical Militaria, passed away yesterday from an extended fight with cancer. Her son in law called me today and passed on the information. There is no service planned. Please keep Dave and Gails family in your thoughts and prayers.

Gail has been a fixture to those of us that collect the other non vehicle military stuff for years. She was always ready with a smile and often times a joke for the day. She will be missed. Peter L.

wsucougarx

Man thats too bad! She was such a hoot to talk to. She always gave me a hard time when I'd go in. She eould also pressured Dave to give me a good deal. She will be missed.

Artisan

Jumped to the end of this thread when I realized I was reading from
the beginng of JANUARY! So sad the passing ... Some things just are not fair...

So HEY! I have a couple of questions and this PNW crowd is exactly who
I need to address. I am thinking about a M925A1 and although I am pretty
handy there are some things I am sure I would not want to tackle. In
the eastern WA, northern Idaho or western MT areas can I get a list of
companys who work on these beasts AND or sell parts etc? Perhaps
if there are any privateers who do serioously good work is not out
of the question too.
I hope to own a M925A1 before spring...
Being a noob w/ so many q's blows! Gotta learn! aua
TIA!

Stalwart

Naw, I still have 2 cars worth of a 4 car garage to remove and then my yard has a date with many truckloads of crushed gravel. There are only 2 more toys allowed at our house: an Austin Champ and/or a Kettenkrad. I still have one Stalwart left inside the garage, it has the best engine and the best jet drives. That one will be sold, the other 4 are being scrapped. aua

Amer-team

Crushed rock and covered storage are good. Sorry that the Stalwarts didn't meet a better end. The video that was posted with a Stalwart diving into the water was very impressive.
Good luck on the clean up.

ARYankee

Any events fairly close to me for Veteran's Day? It would be really cool to get out and meet some of you since I'll be up here for a bit.

ARYankee

For the Washington guys, is Brad still in business? I know the last time that I was up in these parts a couple years ago, he was having issues with having to clear out his yard. I may be wanting to take a trip up there to poke around and see what I can buy :)

goodguyzy

Veterans day parade medford, oregon. I think this will be the last parade for the m916 as im going to put her up for sale. Every time I drive the truck it cost about $200 for a short trip ( fuel+insurance+misc.) a lack luster turn out, starting to wonder if anyone cares about this country anymore. sorry about bad pic, really need to get a phone with better camera.

Attachments

ABN173

For the Washington guys, is Brad still in business? I know the last time that I was up in these parts a couple years ago, he was having issues with having to clear out his yard. I may be wanting to take a trip up there to poke around and see what I can buy :)
Yes Brad is still in business, he is slowly clearing stuff out so may want to get up here sooner rather than later. I don't think he is "going out of business" but he may be limited to what he can keep indoors.

-Dale

wsucougarx

Funny you should mention that. My neighbors love having my trucks parked in the backyard. He and his wife feel more secure having those trucks out there. They said it was better than having a police cruiser parked in my driveway. I can only think bigger the better. Ahh, I told myself never again would I drive 11 hours again...hahaha.

TE=goodguyzy;1258802]One of my big problems is parking, im sure your neighbors would just love you.[/QUOTE]

wsucougarx

Tentative Mini Rally this Saturday at Brad's.
Mike (Amram) and I are headed there hopefully this Saturday morning. Mike is checking with Brad tomorrow to make sure we're good to go. Going to keep it low key (ie: no BBQ) unless you guys want to whip up something.

11-15-12 haven't heard anything from Amram.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks