• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PNW Info Thread!

jets1959

Tentative Mini Rally this Saturday at Brad's.
Mike (Amram) and I are headed there hopefully this Saturday morning. Mike is checking with Brad tomorrow to make sure we're good to go. Going to keep it low key (ie: no BBQ) unless you guys want to whip up something.
Sorry have to work Saturday. Have fun all!

yeadon

Does anyone know where I can pick up a couple of retaining clips that go by the throw out bearing? Can I pick this up @ any auto shop?

ARYankee

Anyone got anything going on this weekend or next? I'm not working those 2 and since I'm 2,000 + miles from my MVs, I figured I could oogle over some one elses :)

Amer-team

AR, are you located in Hermiston? That is a long way from my house, but we could find something to do. I have a possible parade or two on Saturday and Sunday afternoon, may be going to take the 1st Sgts. Alcan highway doghouse out of the back of his CCKW. That may be interesting as he built it so it just fits in the bed.

I am in Centralia WA. Peter L.

ARYankee

Cool. Yeah I'm in Hermiston working at Umatilla Depot at the chem demil plant until June/July next year. I do get to go home for 2 weeks around Christmas :) I may take you up on your offer. It will just depend if I feel like driving that far :)

Amer-team

Picked up a PTO from Brad last weekend. Will need to replace the dust covers and the seals, but it looks like a pretty good unit. Still need a yoke for the driveline if anyone has one handy. checked with the local driveline shop and they will put one together for me for a reasonable price. It will be fun to have the winch operational one of these days. Have the local heavy duty transmission shop looking for a seal kit for the PTO. How is everyone else doing? It seems a bit quiet on here lately. And it is too darn wet out to do too much on the MV's.

Am going to do the Shelton Christmas parade tomorrow with the 42. Will put a few lights on it as well using a 12V converter. If anyone is interested on Dec. 15th there will be a lighted tractor parade, think MV's, In Centralia. Last year we had 3 MV's and I would say as many people turned out for that one as the 4th of July parade, but it was dry that evening.

ABN173

Picked up a PTO from Brad last weekend. Will need to replace the dust covers and the seals, but it looks like a pretty good unit. Still need a yoke for the driveline if anyone has one handy. checked with the local driveline shop and they will put one together for me for a reasonable price. It will be fun to have the winch operational one of these days. Have the local heavy duty transmission shop looking for a seal kit for the PTO. How is everyone else doing? It seems a bit quiet on here lately. And it is too darn wet out to do too much on the MV's.

Am going to do the Shelton Christmas parade tomorrow with the 42. Will put a few lights on it as well using a 12V converter. If anyone is interested on Dec. 15th there will be a lighted tractor parade, think MV's, In Centralia. Last year we had 3 MV's and I would say as many people turned out for that one as the 4th of July parade, but it was dry that evening.
I've been busy getting both trucks ready for the cross-country move, in fact going to Mike's (AMRAM) house today to swap a trans/torque converter on the CUCV. Tomorrow or Monday I'm meeting with Dwayne to place new kingpins, and bearings on the CUCV too. Dan helped me finish up the heater install last weekend. I think Ed and Dan are going to Idaho Motor Pool today. Much of what has been going on has been being posted on the PNW Steel Soldiers Facebook page.

-Dale

Amer-team

Dale am glad to hear your preparation is going well. Sorry to not be helpful with this. Facebook? This is about as high tech as I get. I don't facebook, tweet, or any of the other stuff. Good luck on today's mission. Peter L.

rolling18

simply have to be a part of this thread!!
now that im FINALLY mostly recovered from Spinal surgery, I can catch up on refining my used oil, and working of the Deuce again!!! (air steering cylinder) I missed the whole summer!!! and spring

srodocker

congrats on being better! I wonder when aaron is going to start the 2013 thread....and yes despite what dale says i will throw a cpl mini rallies before the main one...i want to do a breakfast...

any dates come to mind?

also next month theres some HAM classes. if anyone is interested its up here in tacoma its 2 day class sat/sun with test on tues.

wsucougarx

Scott, you really don't need to do the class thing. Just buy the ARRL's book and quiz book and you're set. You can also take the sample tests online. They are the exact questions you'll see on the test. It's the easiest test you'll ever take.

jets1959

Scott, you really don't need to do the class thing. Just buy the ARRL's book and quiz book and you're set. You can also take the sample tests online. They are the exact questions you'll see on the test. It's the easiest test you'll ever take.
We are talking about Scott here right. LOL

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks