• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PNW Info Thread!

taperrine

Looking for a little help here. We used to go to the field with one of our 5-tons outfitted with a box that was used for our flight's Tactical Operations Center (TOC). I keep looking on GL for one of those boxes, but Dont know what the nomenclature (or even the common name) for them are. If anyone knows what those boxes / containers are called, I'd appreciate hearing. Thanks.

Amer-team

The CCKW was most likely 1st Sgt. Gifford on his way home from the Auburn parade. You should have seen a few other WW2 vehicles with him as well. P

Amer-team

SR, saw your new toy out at Brad's today. Neat looking rig. Will look forward to the crew cab.. Went out with the 1st Sgt. to change a couple of tires over.

Amer-team

Not me, but the 1st Sgt. Brad helped us change the tires. I am glad we did it there. It is amazing the amount of stuff he knows about these trucks. Would be fun to go south and haul a load or two of stuff back for him.

Amer-team

He has a 923A1 and I have the 923. Think my truck has 4,000 mi. since rebuild. So I have new tires, Goodyears g177 and a new engine too. We took them to the Elma Vets parade last week.

srodocker

Nice!!! Yea mine is the marine one and just waiting for the 1600s to get put on. 10k on the odometer on the engine I have. starts with the first flip of the switch too.

Amer-team

100_3849.jpg100_3852.jpg100_3850.jpghere are a couple of pictures of my new toy. Not sure what I will use it for, but it is in decent shape. It is interesting in that it has an M116A3 frame and M101A2 body tub. It towed great and fits the Dodge very well.

Amer-team

manders, it won't work with the 5 tons. Am thinking of getting the ambulance set up to tow it. Although they didn't want them towing anything. Also thinking about getting an adapter made for the 5 T so I can tow some of the smaller stuff like a trailer or jeep.

Amer-team

ps, the trailer has one wooden side rack, but I noticed that Brad had some fiberglass racks in his pile. Maybe need to do another trip out there. He hooked me up with a fiberglass cab guard for the 5 T. My truck has fiberglass for the troop seats but had a wooden head rack. Just need a day or two of decent weather to get some more work done.

manders

ps, the trailer has one wooden side rack, but I noticed that Brad had some fiberglass racks in his pile. Maybe need to do another trip out there. He hooked me up with a fiberglass cab guard for the 5 T. My truck has fiberglass for the troop seats but had a wooden head rack. Just need a day or two of decent weather to get some more work done.
I hear ya about the decent weather! I've got all my gear ready to do some spot blasting/painting but every time I have a day off ... deluge!!! :lol:

And thanks for the heads-up about not being able to tow a 3/4 ton. Any idea what type of trailer I should be on the lookout for?

Amer-team

as for the trailers, first and most plentiful are the 1 1/2 ton M105 trailers, then you have the ammo trailer, various generator trailers, and a few of the Hemmet style cargo trailers have been coming through Ft. Lewis. Wrecker Ray has one and thinks it tows just great, but you need some acerage if you get into that model, because it makes your set up very long.

I think there are quite a few of the M105's for sale, as I think people buy them and don't realize how big they are.

Scott, maybe Sunday. Sent a PM

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks