• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PNW Info Thread!

DrillerSurplus

Looking for a little help here. We used to go to the field with one of our 5-tons outfitted with a box that was used for our flight's Tactical Operations Center (TOC). I keep looking on GL for one of those boxes, but Dont know what the nomenclature (or even the common name) for them are. If anyone knows what those boxes / containers are called, I'd appreciate hearing. Thanks.
Maybe I missed them, I didn't see any responses to your question. I think you are remembering the S-280 shelter or something similar.
http://nsrdec.natick.army.mil/media/fact/shelter/S-280.PDF
http://www.gichner.us/products.html

srodocker

So we need a mini rally soon...After the first of the year get ready for some dates thrown out there to schedule one!

Welcome aboard tagoins! Need to come to the summer rally which is the 3rd weeekend in july!

Amer-team

If there is any interest, the 1st Sgt. was wanting to do a two or three day convoy around the Loop, that is Highway 101 and the Olympic Penninsula some time this summer. We would probably camp out a night or two during the course of this excursion. If some would like to go, we will start looking at dates.
So far there is 70th Anniversary of D-Day, Normandy France June 6, Olympic Flight Museum Airshow on Fathers day weekend, 4th of July in Centralia (display and Parade), am thinking Arlington Airshow would be the weekend after, then Napavine the 3rd Weekend, Ft. Stevens 3rd Weekend of August.

Anyone want to do an Olympic Penninsula convoy some weekend? P

wsucougarx

Sounds like fun. A good MV drive would be from Humptulips to the Wynoochee Dam via Donkey Creek Road. It is a beautiful drive mostly on a paved logging road. Would be a great one 1 day drive. It'll take you through from beautiful timber country in the Olympia National Forest.

Amer-team

Sounds like a nice day excursion. The 101 Loop trip would probably be somewhere around 350 miles, plus or minus. Am not sure I can squeeze another trip in. so far this year I have done 25 outreaches, doing vehicles or military history displays and have 2 more to go.

rolling18

FYI I posted in a seprate thread..
Myself and another friend who recently bought a 5ton and another guy who got a Deuce are wanting to make a drive somewhere on SAT late AM..

anyone else intrested in this? opent to location and destinations!

Another Ahab

OK guys here's our very own thread for upcoming events and information pertaining to PNW SS's. Was hoping to have a separate PNW regional chapter but this will do for now;-)
Subscribed. Count me in.

Hoping you don't leave all the rest of us out of whatever it is that you're up to.

We like to know what's going on in our greater community, whether that's here in the Good Ol' USA, or anywhere else in the world where the membership stretches.

Last edited:

g2065g

I'm heading to JBLM this week to pick up an m105a2. I was wondering if I could get contact info for a few local folks in case of emergency. I do not believe I will need to but if something happens that I cannot fix on the road or find parts for I would like to be able to park the trailer somewhere for a few days if needed. I will have a spare or 2 and will be checking the bearings and tires before going anywhere. I'd rather set this up now than from the side of the road.

Also if anyone needs something picked up from the Seattle area I will have most of the bed of my truck. I can meet you along I90 up to Ellensburg.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks