• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PNW Info Thread!

srodocker

feb 9th my place in steilacoom. PM For address.

Yea I just havent had time to go out there and work on the darn thing. Working way to much. Hopefully I can get out there and check sometime before the rally

goodguyzy

Recovery at sierra army depot

Recovered a hemat today, went back to the "back". Ive never been back to the good area before. 100's of tanks, 100's of this truck and that truck, mraps, up armor on so much, 100 het's in a row..........big guns.....apc's and no camera allowed! Did snap these though.

Still drooling........................

Attachments

Another Ahab

Recovered a hemat today, went back to the "back". Ive never been back to the good area before. 100's of tanks, 100's of this truck and that truck, mraps, up armor on so much, 100 het's in a row..........big guns.....apc's and no camera allowed! Did snap these though.

Still drooling........................
D***, that low-boy is sure enough LOW.

goodguyzy

Multiple rows of a 100 of those PLS units set up in every configuration. Some crashed, some with bullet holes. The HEMAT that I picked came out of Afghanistan and the 1101 from Kuwait. Looks like the HEMAT saw some action, nice size bullet hole in one of the side panels that I had taken off trailer and put in 1101. Here is a rear shot of that PLS that was clearing security so I was able to snap a shot before it went in.

Attachments

IsaLandr

Tartaned Goði
The Palletized Load System (PLS) is the largest of the Oshkosh HEMTT family of trucks. It's a monster.

A PLS is basically a five-axle HEMTT with an increased payload capacity and self-handling capability. It's not really a tractor, not really a flatbed, not really a standard cargo truck. It's got a rail-based loading system that utilizes a specialized cargo container, and usually pulls a trailer carrying a second container. It can self-load and unload both the trailer and itself using those containers. Definitely check out the wiki article Wolfen posted above. It's a good read.

And yeah, I want one. Those things are huge.

Another Ahab

Multiple rows of a 100 of those PLS units set up in every configuration. Some crashed, some with bullet holes. The HEMAT that I picked came out of Afghanistan and the 1101 from Kuwait. Looks like the HEMAT saw some action, nice size bullet hole in one of the side panels that I had taken off trailer and put in 1101. Here is a rear shot of that PLS that was clearing security so I was able to snap a shot before it went in.
Might be penetration by a round from a small bore weapon -might be. But it could also be a penetration by shrapnel.

You just can't know for sure, by only looking at it. I mean: nit-picking, but still.

Last edited:

FullSpecial

A canvas cargo cover for a M101 3/4 ton trailer has come into my possession.
It is in great shape, however I have no use for it. If you want it, it is yours but
you have to figure out how to get it into your hands.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks